Tollhouse chocolate chip

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like no matter how good their cookies turn out, they'll never be as good as Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies from the purchased dough? Please, if anyone has a recipe better than this, let me know!

Reaction score
I've honestly not dabbled too much in the plain old chocolate chip, but I do have confidence there are ways to make better ones! lol. For me it's all about just a little bit of crispyness with a gooey center, so it shouldn't be TOO much to ask for, right? ;)

Reaction score
I have this variant of the original Toll House cookies recipe posted here, http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTLÉ-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx

This other is really tasty and the ingredients are:

12 oz bag of chocolate chips, semi-sweet
Optional: 1 cup of chopped nuts

Cream Together:
1 cup butter or margarine
½ cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs

Combine in separate bowl:
1 ½ cup white rice flour
½ cup potato starch flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
1 ½ tsp. xanthum gum
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine and add to egg/sugar mixture.
3. Blend and add 12 ounces chocolate chips and optional 1 cup of chopped nuts
4. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown.

Reaction score
I started making my chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and a bit more brown sugar. I put walnuts in and always get compliments on them. So many don't even realize the oatmeal is in there at first and I think it makes a hearty cookie with some oats in there for those who don't get enough.

Reaction score
I think tollhouse ingredients are mined by pixies in some magical land far away. But their ingredients are never as satisfying as baking something that you created from raw flour and sugar...

Reaction score
I prefer homemade cookies compared to any premade dough. Maybe it comes from the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Then again, it could be cause the homemade version does not contain chemicals.

Reaction score
It's true, there can be a lot of chemicals in store bought cookies. I don't car so much about the health risks, but they just change the taste too much.

Reaction score
I am sorry I don't think Tollhouse cookies can hold a candle to a great homemade cookie recipe. Premade cookie dough is great in a pinch but there is nothing like a fresh homemade cookie.

Reaction score
I started making my chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and a bit more brown sugar. I put walnuts in and always get compliments on them. So many don't even realize the oatmeal is in there at first and I think it makes a hearty cookie with some oats in there for those who don't get enough.
I love chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. How much oatmeal?

Ask a Question