Too many yolks

Reaction score
I'm someone that can't have much fat at all in their diet. I like eggs so I cook up some egg yolk every once in a while... But every time I do, I am left with 3-6 egg yolks and have no idea what to do with them, so I end up just throwing them away. :( I am still basically new to baking, so I have no idea how to make cookies with lots of yolk, or how to replace whole egg with egg yolk in recipes. What are some kinds of recipes/substitutions that I can use to not waste these yolks?

Reaction score
Alternatively -- have you considered buying in the store these "egg whites" that come in a bottle or something? I make custard cream with my yolks sometimes. Were you looking for something healthy?

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't have much fats, or salt, and wheat seems to be bad for me too. But what I make from the yolks won't be for me to consume. Does anyone know of a place for cookie recipes that use a bunch of yolks?

Reaction score
That's interesting that you can't eat egg yolks. Eggs are actually a very, very healthy thing to eat, so unless they really disagree with you, I would recommend eating them as they have a lot of good nutrients in them.

You can get egg whites by themselves at the store, just look for them near the eggs, but in a carton.

Ask a Question