Top Tips for making Cookies?

Reaction score
I am not the best when it comes to making cookies at all... I think I am cured or something, I always have bad luck with them! If you could post one tip when it comes to making cookies or biscuits, what would it be?

Reaction score
Hi there! I used to think the same about my cookie baking skills :) Now I'm not perfect, but my cookie are much better than before. It really depends on what kind of cookie you are baking tho... what kind of cookies do you bake and what happens to them exactly?

Reaction score
For me mainly, it is getting to the dough stage. Sometimes I like to pinch off the dough and make the circles just with my hands and then sometimes I like to use the shapes to cut with.

Some cookies I made the other day though, I think I didn't use enough flour, they spread quite a lot in the oven! Still delicious, just not what I had intended!

Reaction score
When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, my tip is to underbake them just a little so that they're gooey and a little soft. Also the type of fat you use determines the texture/look of the cookies. Shortening makes a higher ,more puffy cookie and butter & margarine make flatter cookies that spread out more.

Reaction score
I am not the best when it comes to making cookies at all... I think I am cured or something, I always have bad luck with them! If you could post one tip when it comes to making cookies or biscuits, what would it be?

Clare, I can almost relate to this, but the truth is I have NEVER done cookies and suspect that it might not turn out very well. I have heard and read of my disaster stories so I am really in no rush to try any.

You are already in the game by at least trying. See the link below and see if it helps you.

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/to...tips-for-baking-the-perfect-cookie.htm#page=0

Ask a Question