Travel: What Do You Bake?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm going out of town over the next week.. My family will be doing a 13 hour road trip to Florida. Is there anything I can bake that will be good for such a long trip? What do you guys normally make for your trips?

Reaction score
I usually bake some cookies and brownies,(but they do melt, so make sure to bring a cooler!) and then bring some snacks that are easy and portable (cheese sticks, pretzels, stuff like that).

Reaction score
I make fruit bars as well when I know we are going to be traveling. Lemon and raspberry strudel bars are the favorites in my family. Just remember to pack along some water because the baked goods tend to make you thirsty!

Reaction score
I would suggest cookie bars. If you bake your own crakers they may be a nice thing to take along with some fruit and cheese. Pack the is thing in an airtight contianer and then in a ices chest.

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else has said: definitely bring cookies! They are portable and everyone loves them! Other than that, I like to pack a cooler with soda and water. Then, we will hit up the store for crackers like Goldfish and Cheez-it. Sometimes I will also pack sandwiches so we can save money on the road by not having to stop for food.

Reaction score
I usually bake butterscotch with white chocolate cookies. They are so good and they are good for long trips.

Ask a Question