Preventing Metal Scratches on Oven Trays

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm running into some issues with scratched aluminum trays over the year going in and out of the oven and now they left small metal pieces behind inside the oven that are sticking to baked good. Just wonder if anyone ever has any experiences with this and how to fix this problems.

I've tried to clean the oven and the trays everyday but these small metal pieces seem to be around everywhere.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm running into some issues with scratched aluminum trays over the year going in and out of the oven and now they left small metal pieces behind inside the oven that are sticking to baked good. Just wonder if anyone ever has any experiences with this and how to fix this problems.

I've tried to clean the oven and the trays everyday but these small metal pieces seem to be around everywhere.

Never heard of that. You need to invest in some better quality pans

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The problem is the edge of your oven racks are sharp, alum is a soft metal.
Hard steel vs soft alum.... no contest.
I don't suppose you installed the racks backwards?
Otherwise, a couple of licks with a flat file will take care of the sharp edges.

Ask a Question