Twice baked cheesecake

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of double baking a cheesecake? I saw a show where the chef baked half the batter and then put the springform pan in a water bath, filled the pan with the remaining filling and then baked again. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hmm...that's really interesting to me. I have never heard of doing cheesecake that way, and honestly it's not even something I've ever thought to do. I wonder how it would come out? It sounds like it could be good.

Reaction score
I doubt that I would ever consider baking my cheesecake twice. The first time is enough baking for me.

Reaction score
Hahaha, same here, sweetkymom. For a normal cheesecake double baking doesn't sound like a good deal. Unless we are talking of a more elaborated recipe with more ingredients, but for an average cheesecake no way.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of double baking a cheesecake? I saw a show where the chef baked half the batter and then put the springform pan in a water bath, filled the pan with the remaining filling and then baked again. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts?

I have not even baked it once, so I won't be even looking at it twice. I am not being naughty, but nice:). Seriously though, I have not seen or heard of this one. I am a big cheesecake fan but never actually made one. If there is one in a box I am willing to try it.

Ask a Question