Twinkies are coming back

Reaction score
A lot of people were bummed out by Hostess going out of business because Twinkies have been around forever.
Sellers on Amazon were selling stale Twinkies at inflated prices to capitalize on people's desire to have one last Twinkie.

Hostess was bought by a new owner and are running under a leaner structure and Twinkies will be back in stores July 15. My daughter was happy about that because she likes Twinkies.
I'm happy to hear it because it's so sad to see a company go out of business. I hope some of the original employees got their jobs back.

Reaction score
I was one of the ones buying Twinkies on eBay, simply because I hadn't had one in 20 years and wanted one to remember them by. I quickly remembered why I hadn't had one in 20 years... they're kind of disgusting. The filling has that chemical aftertaste and the cake is oily. I guess when you're a kid you don't know any better.

My brother, on the other hand, loves them and was quite outraged about the whole thing. He'll be first in line for the new ones.

Reaction score
I never really liked Twinkies, but my mother loved them, and every single morning, she had Twinkies with her coffee. I guess I was a chocolate person from early on, because I really preferred the little round chocolate cakes that they had, think they were Hostess Sweetie Pies, or something like that (way back in the 50s). Later they had something called a Ding Dong, but by then I was over having the sweet stuff very often, so I don't think I really ever ate them.
But I am glad that Twinkies are making a comeback, they have been a sweet part of America for so many years now, so I am glad to see them still be here.

Reaction score
I saw on Twitter that people are buzzing about Twinkies coming back this week. I think that the first day or so, stores will sell out of them, but by the end of the month people who don't normally buy Twinkies will go back to ignoring them. My daughter likes Twinkies so she's excited that they're coming back.

Reaction score
A lot of people were bummed out by Hostess going out of business because Twinkies have been around forever.
Sellers on Amazon were selling stale Twinkies at inflated prices to capitalize on people's desire to have one last Twinkie.

Hostess was bought by a new owner and are running under a leaner structure and Twinkies will be back in stores July 15. My daughter was happy about that because she likes Twinkies.
I'm happy to hear it because it's so sad to see a company go out of business. I hope some of the original employees got their jobs back.
Not a fan of anything Hostess, but back in the day, they did have these amazing donuts that were raspberry filled. My brother and I used to gobble them down. That's the only thing I would love to see return from them...

Reaction score
I guess the new Twinkies are definitely back on the market. Someone posted on Facebook that people where he worked had brought Twonkies along with their lunch.
Personally, they are just too sweet for me. I love cream puffs, which also have a whipped cream filling, but it is not as sweet as the Twinkie filling is. The Twinkies filling is almost like frosting, it is so sweet.
They are great for instant strawberry shortcake though. You just cut it in half and put strawberries and whip cream on top, and they are perfect for that !

Reaction score
I guess the new Twinkies are definitely back on the market. Someone posted on Facebook that people where he worked had brought Twinkies along with their lunch.
Personally, they are just too sweet for me. I love cream puffs, which also have a whipped cream filling, but it is not as sweet as the Twinkie filling is. The Twinkies filling is almost like frosting, it is so sweet.
They are great for instant strawberry shortcake though. You just cut it in half and put strawberries and whip cream on top, and they are perfect for that !

It's funny that people who previously probably never bought a Twinkie are now bringing them for lunch. It just shows how trendy some people are.

But Hostess was in real financial trouble and people lost their jobs, so if it takes internet popularity and trendy hipsters to keep them in business then so be it.
I haven't bought any yet because other priorities came up but I'm going to buy a couple of boxes next time I go grocery shopping.

Reaction score
I hope they bring back the sandwich bread too! It was so much better than the other products out there. I indulged in Twinkies every once in a while.... ;)

Reaction score
I hope they bring back the sandwich bread too! It was so much better than the other products out there. I indulged in Twinkies every once in a while.... ;)

The only time I ever tried the sandwich bread was at an outlet store, I could never find it at the regular supermarket. According to an article I read online, they are bringing back other products besides just the Twinkies. So hopefully the bread will come back too.

Reaction score
And here's something to do with the new Twinkies or Twinkie substitutes:

OFTFEfS.jpg

Any word on whether the bakers were re-hired by the new company, or whether the new bakers make a decent wage?

Reaction score

OFTFEfS.jpg

Any word on whether the bakers were re-hired by the new company, or whether the new bakers make a decent wage?
Omg, those are adorable! I see my next project coming full circle! Thank you for posting this! Awesome! I am one of the hostess lovers and am glad they are back. Wheter you like hostess or not the are "Americana" and I would hate to lose something that has lasted so long.

Anyone know how to duplicate the cupcake/Twinkie filling? I love it and every time I have tried copy cat recipes, they are different!

Reaction score

OFTFEfS.jpg

I haven't heard any news about whether any of the old Hostess employees were hired back. It would be nice if they were. Those minion cupcakes are adorable.

Reaction score
Omg, those are adorable! I see my next project coming full circle! Thank you for posting this! Awesome! I am one of the hostess lovers and am glad they are back. Wheter you like hostess or not the are "Americana" and I would hate to lose something that has lasted so long.

Anyone know how to duplicate the cupcake/Twinkie filling? I love it and every time I have tried copy cat recipes, they are different!

Agreed, Hostess was part of many people's childhoods and it would be sad to lose them. I was happy to hear about them coming back.

Reaction score
I've never liked Twinkies. Though I suppose I can say that I am happy that there's a chance that people will get their jobs back. I agree with OP, they taste like gross with a a squeeze of chemicals in the middle.

Reaction score
The only time I ever tried the sandwich bread was at an outlet store, I could never find it at the regular supermarket. According to an article I read online, they are bringing back other products besides just the Twinkies. So hopefully the bread will come back too.

Thank you. I will have to search it. I told hubby and he was all excited.

OFTFEfS.jpg

These are adorable and my 3 year old saw them and shouted minions! LOL

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Twinkies are now a little bit smaller and don't quite have the same texture. The company is claiming that the change is something that was already planned. Either way, they probably shouldn't have changed the recipe.

Not a fan of anything Hostess, but back in the day, they did have these amazing donuts that were raspberry filled. My brother and I used to gobble them down. That's the only thing I would love to see return from them...

If you can locate a bread thrift store, where you can find newly "expired" products, you'll probably find them. Many years ago, and many pounds ago, I used to go to the bread thrift store to stock up on lots of Hostess products that were greatly discounted. They tasted the same as those in the grocery store.

Reaction score
Twinkies are back!? That's a big surprise. I had assumed they'd be gone forever... Like Oreo O's cereal.

Reaction score
I don't like Twinkies personally, but I know that they are really popular, so I am glad that they are available again for those who do like the taste of them. My mother loved Twinkies, and she had them every morning along with her coffee.
As for the bread, I am not sure if it is one of the ones that is being made with hair and feathers, but after reading about that being done now, I am definitely thinking that I need to just start making my own bread.

Reaction score
I don't like Twinkies personally, but I know that they are really popular, so I am glad that they are available again for those who do like the taste of them. My mother loved Twinkies, and she had them every morning along with her coffee.
As for the bread, I am not sure if it is one of the ones that is being made with hair and feathers, but after reading about that being done now, I am definitely thinking that I need to just start making my own bread.

Where did you hear about bread being made with hair and feathers?
I wonder if it's one of the brands I buy. I've heard isolated stories of things being found in supermarket bread ,but I didn't know it was a widespread problem.

Reaction score
Twinkies are back!? That's a big surprise. I had assumed they'd be gone forever... Like Oreo O's cereal.

The Hostess company went bankrupt ,but then another company bought them.
So they're back from the dead and it looks like people are more interested in the products than ever. I just hope the employees got their jobs back.

Ask a Question