Types of pizza breads

Reaction score
What kind of pizza bread do you make? I know of deep pan and flat based and I was wondering if there is any others.

Reaction score
oh I cheat on the pizza bread. I get the Boboli for a quick pizza making. Occasionally I will try the home made pizza dough, where it is not too flat, not too thick, but just right. That is if I find time to make it and if the yeast wants to be my friend or not!

Reaction score
I like to take bread dough and cheese along with sauce and pepperonis. I roll a ball of dough and push a whole in it filling with the sauce cheese and peperonie. Then I pinch closed the holeand bake. These pizza bread rolls make a great snack.

Reaction score
If I make homemade I cheat just a little bit and buy pre-mixed fresh dough from our local Italian specialty grocery store. It's only 99 cents for a bag of it, and one bag is enough to make like two large pizzas. I've been dragging my feet about getting a mixer and just making it myself when this is so readily available and essentially the same product I would end up with anyhow. Plus, I usually keep the temperature pretty cold at my place which makes it hard for me to do the rises myself.

I prefer a medium thickness on my pizza crust, but like it very crusty on the outside and chewy and airy on the inside. I don't want to feel like I just ate a loaf of bread from eating one slice of pizza, so I don't care for the super thick and heavy pizza crusts, but at the same time, it's got to hold it's shape somewhat. I don't want burning hot sauce and cheese dripping all down my arm and hands while I'm trying to hold it a floppy crust together.

Reaction score
Flatbreads are probably our favorite, but my boys are both fans of stuffed crusts as well and they always turn out pretty successful for us.

Ask a Question