Unbaked cheesecake "batter"

Reaction score
So I was making from scratch cheesecake and went to preheat my oven and my element went out. Is there any way I can save my unbaked cheesecakes? I don't want to throw them out and waste so much, but I also don't want to ruin the cake or make them unsafe to eat. Can I freeze them or keep them in the refrigerator? Thanks in advance!!!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your oven, that sucks :(

I'd try freezing it if I were you!

Reaction score
It's okay, it happens. I just looked at the oven and thought wow... What luck. I froze them in hopes that they will turn out okay. Thank you! Glad to know I was at least thinking in the right way. ☺️

Reaction score
If you are using eggs in your cheesecake batter, freezing them is not the best thing to do. If they are already in the pans, I would suggest putting cling film directly on top of the cheesecake and putting into the fridge until they can be baked.

If you are not using a recipe with eggs, then freezing might be ok.

Another problem with freezing something like this before it's baked, is that the ingredients might separate some once they have been thawed out, and that will cause your cheesecake to either turn out like bad custard or crack while baking.

Let us know how they turn out.

Reaction score
You were correct. The texture of my cheesecake wasn't what my previous cheesecakes were like. It wasn't terrible. They were frozen for a little over 24 hours before I could bake them and of course took a bit longer to bake due to them being frozen. Thank you for the advice!! ☺️

Reaction score
Update. I tried the water bath method since I really had nothing to lose except the time it took to try it out and the cheesecake turned out perfect. I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I'm glad to salvage some of it ☺️I had three total when my oven flopped. Thanks to everyone for the advice!!

Reaction score
Is it possible to bake a cheesecake with less than 4 packages of cream cheese?

Reaction score
Is it possible to bake a cheesecake with less than 4 packages of cream cheese?

just Google for cheesecake recipes with 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese if you want to look at other recipes.

Ask a Question