Under cooked/proved/kneaded??..

Reaction score
My daughter has been trying to bake bread. In the last few batches, if you squeeze the bread from the inside together, it will squish together and look like it’s under cooked. She’s following the instructions and even tried to bake for an extra 30 mins. Is it a kneading or proving issue? Or is the bread supposed to be like this?

Reaction score
My daughter has been trying to bake bread. In the last few batches, if you squeeze the bread from the inside together, it will squish together and look like it’s under cooked. She’s following the instructions and even tried to bake for an extra 30 mins. Is it a kneading or proving issue? Or is the bread supposed to be like this?

The information you have posted is so vague it’s impossible to help.

I would recommend your daughter review Bake with Jack videos on the fundamentals of bread making. Even if you don’t live in the UK, these are the fundamentals of bread making.

If she is going to continue to bake bread, I would recommend Jeffrey Hamelman’s book Bread: A Baker’s Book of Techniques And Recipe.

Tip 10, 7, 4, 5, 38, 23, 19,

Ask a Question