Unicorn cake

Reaction score
Today I finished my niece Katy’s unicorn birthday cake for her 13th birthday. I kinda went a little crazy with the buttercream but I think I did pretty good for my first one.

CF8638E4-8E30-40D2-9F3D-97F3CC26BE58.jpeg

I will post more pictures tomorrow after she cuts into it.
A little hint: it’s rainbow!

Reaction score
Amazing!! :D She's going to love it. I don't think you went overboard with the buttercream either, for that kind of cake it's kinda necessary. Plus I really like the variety with the flowers, it looks great.

Reaction score
My niece’s birthday dinner was awesome. Everyone loved the barbecue pulled pork sandwiches and my niece loved her gifts.
The best part though was the cake. As soon as she saw it her eyes got teary as she tried not to cry. It really was a touching moment and it made all the work I went through with her cake worth every second.

EDB3D17F-D088-4929-9D62-E392F6864699.jpeg

And as promised: the inside of the cake.............
644AC331-DE5E-4D4C-B2B4-54690BD0CACA.jpeg

Reaction score
Wow!! And there was me thinking it couldn't look more awesome :D

How did you get the shape of those colours in the batter? Did you use a piping bag and insert the tip into the middle of the batter? When I've seen photos of zebra cakes there's more of an 'S' shape as opposed to the 'C' shape that you've achieved.

Reaction score
Wow!! And there was me thinking it couldn't look more awesome :D

How did you get the shape of those colours in the batter? Did you use a piping bag and insert the tip into the middle of the batter? When I've seen photos of zebra cakes there's more of an 'S' shape as opposed to the 'C' shape that you've achieved.

After I colored the batter I put each color into a separate gallon size ziplock bag. I poured a little of the red batter in the middle of the pan then orange in the middle of the red and so on. I kept going like that then when I had the desired amount of batter i wanted and I tapped the pan on the counter a few times not only to get the air bubbles out but it settles the colors where I want them. It’s pretty easy.

Ask a Question