Unsweet cookies for Merienda (Tea Time)?

Reaction score
When I was in Argentina a few years ago, my host Mom always made this yummy little unsweetened cookie to have at tea time. I remember cheese and possibly garlic in the cookie, but it was definitely a cookie consistency and not a biscuit. I have tried some unsweet cookie recipes looking for a similar taste but so far have not been able to come up with anything that tastes similar. Does anyone have any ideas what these may have been?

Reaction score
I am not familiar with an unsweet cookie , this the first time I have ever heard of one. Would this cookie be a savory , is it seasoned with herbs and spices? Does it have a cookie like texture, or is it more like cracker. Please tell us more it sounds really interesting.

Reaction score
Maybe it would be considered savory. I have found recipes that sound similar under both titles. It is seasoned slightly I believe, but I am unsure with what. I wish I was still able to be in contact with my host mom so I could find out the Spanish name for them. It is definitely a cookie texture and not a cracker, which is what made them stick in my head.

Reaction score
Have you tried to find what those cookies were browsing Argentinian cuisine recipes?

I did a brief research for you and while some culinary blogs and sites have recipes that include pics, only you know how those cookies looked like and the texture. This could be clue to identify them.

Reaction score
I recently came across a recipe for a savory short bread cookie it was seasoned with fresh herbs.Maybe this is the type of cookie you were referring to?

Reaction score
That sounds great. Is the consistency more like a pie crust? I will try and ask around and do some research. You have me fascinated because I do like savory baked goods.

Reaction score
I too am fascinated. I tried to search argentinian cookies but kept coming up with sweet ones. hmmm... that is a stumper. Is there a way to get in contact with the host family?

Ask a Question