Unusual blue color icing

Reaction score
My daughter is getting married and this is the cake she would like me to replicate. The question that I have is how to get this unusual blue base color. I have a variety of Wilton Gel food coloring colors but none of the blues match so I'm assuming that I will have to add another color but don't know which ones to try. Thank you for your help!
wedding cake resized.JPG

Reaction score
It looks like cyan to me. This can be made from blue and green, and maybe also some yellow.

Start with a white icing base and add very small amounts of blue and green. Adjust if needed with yellow. This a trial-and-error project, so plan ahead for 1 or 2 icing batches that are unusual due to color. Because it's your daughter's wedding, you will of course have planned well in advance for this.

Reaction score
It looks like cyan to me. This can be made from blue and green, and maybe also some yellow.

Start with a white icing base and add very small amounts of blue and green. Adjust if needed with yellow. This a trial-and-error project, so plan ahead for 1 or 2 icing batches that are unusual due to color. Because it's your daughter's wedding, you will of course have planned well in advance for this.
Thank you!

Ask a Question