Unusual Cookies

Reaction score
I like cookies. I can hardly think of a type that I don't like, although I do like some better than others. I would really like to find some different kinds to add to my recipe box though. Please tell me about unusual cookies that you like to make, something really different.

Reaction score
If you go to Allrecipes.com and just type in something like "key lime cookies" you will find a lot of different and unusual kinds of cookies there dependant on the ingredients you would like to use. I have found pumpkin, raspberry, and an assortment of other kinds of cookies just by typing in the flavor followed by "cookie." Good luck and let us know if you find any great ones we should try.

Reaction score
How about chickpea cookies?

http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites.html

No flour, no oil, no white sugar... very unusual and they taste pretty nice (although not as good as regular cookies IMO).

Funny! I made chickpea cookies today!

I like looking at Pinterest or Google Images for new cookie inspiration. Sometimes I'll just search "best cookies" or "weird but delicious"...something of that ilk. Also, baking blogs are a deep, rich source.

Reaction score
Funny! I made chickpea cookies today!

I like looking at Pinterest or Google Images for new cookie inspiration. Sometimes I'll just search "best cookies" or "weird but delicious"...something of that ilk. Also, baking blogs are a deep, rich source.

my mom loves chickpeas! i should check it out :D

Reaction score
Piñata cookies are definitely unusual and not so hard to make. I created a thread completely dedicated to them. You can check it out. They are definitely great for children or as a nice homemade gift.

Reaction score
I am here wondering what unusual cookies can I find.Since I am new to all the cookie baking, I could offer no personal suggestions but look at what I found.

https://www.pinterest.com/nancygedney/cookies-that-are-unusual/

Wow, you've done it to me again, Bella. lol I will definitely try those cheesecake cookies and possibly the german chocolate pecan pie bars. Nice.

The chickpea cookies sound great, Ian. Thanks! They look delicious and they would be more healthy, which is always a good thing, right?

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. Yum!

Ask a Question