Unusual cookies?

Reaction score
What is the most unusual cookie recipe you have either made or come across? I remember one Christmas I made banana chocolate chip cookies and they came out pretty good too.

This probably isn't the most unusual cookie to be made but have you heard of or made something outlandish like zucchini oatmeal cookies or similar, but it actually came out tasting good?

Reaction score
I've made this weird sort of triple chocolate cookie batter. I used coca puff crumbs, small pieces of a Hershey bar, flour, egg, oil, and just the regular cookie ingredients. The only unusual think is that I used coca puff crumbs that I smashed up with a hammer. I was so convinced it was going to come out good but I didn't have any vanilla extract, and put too much baking soda and I made the cookies hard and it just wasn't a good day.

Reaction score
Captain Crunch Cookie Clusters

2 c. nuts
2 c. captain crunch cereal
2 c. rice crispy cereal
1 pkg. white almond bark

In pyrex bowl melt almond bark at 150 in oven add nuts and slowly mix in cereals, spoon onto wax paper to make clusters.

These are quick and easy to make and kids of all ages seem to enjoy them. And I think it has to be the most unusual cookie I make since it is mainly cereal.

Reaction score
I once substituted milk with fresh orange juice when i made microwave cookies once... It actually tasted nice as well!

Reaction score
I saw a pretzel cookie recipe online. I have to see If I can find this again because it is so strange that I really want to try it out. Once I found a recipe for a banana cream pie cookie recipe that was more like a little cake than a cookie.

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I made Smores cookies using just the usual cookie recipe but with the addition of marshmallows, hersheys, and graham crackers mixed in. I think it turned out really well! I couldn't get enough them! Though they are very full of sugar and not too healthy. Oh well, I guess they'll have to be a guilty pleasure.

Reaction score
I think the most unusual cookie recipe I have baked was one that resulted from a cake mix disaster.

I exceeded the amount of water and trying to fix the consistency of the dough I began to add more sugar, flour, and I don't know what else, but consistency then resemble a cookie dough and therefore I baked cookies with this mix and they were tasty despite they were not great looking.

Reaction score
I think the most unusual cookie recipe I have baked was one that resulted from a cake mix disaster.

I exceeded the amount of water and trying to fix the consistency of the dough I began to add more sugar, flour, and I don't know what else, but consistency then resemble a cookie dough and therefore I baked cookies with this mix and they were tasty despite they were not great looking.

Some of the worst looking cooking disasters often turn out to be the tastiest! Not always though sadly haha. Glad to hear your success story!

Reaction score
Jalapeno White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I used Green Jalapenos and Red Fresno peppers. The cookies "look" like Christmas cookies with the red and green specs. But the taste is amazing, As you take a bite, the white chocolate coats the inside of your mouth, then 3 seconds later the heat from the peppers kicks in. Not too hot, but just right.

Reaction score
Jalapeno White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I used Green Jalapenos and Red Fresno peppers. The cookies "look" like Christmas cookies with the red and green specs. But the taste is amazing, As you take a bite, the white chocolate coats the inside of your mouth, then 3 seconds later the heat from the peppers kicks in. Not too hot, but just right.
As much as my husband loves hot stuff, this sounds like something I'd love to try. Is there a recipe for this?

It wasn't an unusual cookie, but I messed up trying to make coconut pie. I thought it said a bag of shredded coconut instead of a cup of coconut. So I added flour and such, turned the mistake into cookies. I missed pie, but they tasted good.

Reaction score
I make a recipe from my husbands family that they call Kieflees (KEEF-LEES). I think it is Hungarian or Polish or one of those countries :)

The dough includes 12 egg yolks and chills overnight. The filling uses the 12 egg whiles, powdered sugar and ground pecans - 2 lbs worth! You make walnut sized (still in the shell walnut sized) balls of the dough and roll out into circles. You put some filling in the center and roll up, pinching the sides and kind of shaping it to look like a crescent before baking. Baked cookies are tossed in powdered sugar. SO yummy!

Ask a Question