Using a carrot cake batter for a vanilla cake

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding a proper moist vanilla cake recipe. I live in a hot and humid area so butter-based cakes tend to dry out. I have a really good carrot cake recipe which uses only oil and I was wondering whether omitting the carrots would result in a good vanilla cake.

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding a proper moist vanilla cake recipe. I live in a hot and humid area so butter-based cakes tend to dry out. I have a really good carrot cake recipe which uses only oil and I was wondering whether omitting the carrots would result in a good vanilla cake.

No. A carrot cake is a combination of brown and granulated sugar. It’s made with all purpose flour which is a stronger flour to support all the add-ins.

Vanilla cake is usually a white cake it’s made with granulated sugar and it’s usually made with cake flour for a light texture and softer crumb.

So a carrot cake is a much heavier dense cake.

If you live in a humid area your cake wouldn’t be drying out quite the opposite cake contains sugar. Sugar is hygroscopic meaning it pulls moisture from the environment. So if you live in a human and firemen and the sugar would be pulling the moisture from the air. You can see the effects of sugar by leaving a hard piece of candy unwrapped on the counter. In the morning you’ll be sticky. That’s the sugar pulling the moisture from the air. if you live in a humid area your cake wouldn’t be drying out quite the office it cake contains sugar. Sugar is hygroscopic meaning it pulls moisture from the environment. So if you live in a humid environment the sugar would be pulling the moisture from the air. You can see the hygroscopic effects of sugar by leaving a hard piece of candy unwrapped on the counter. Over time it will be sticky. That’s the sugar pulling the moisture from the air.

If your vanilla cake is dry it’s due to the formula.

Ask a Question