Using the right measurement for the ingredients

Reaction score
Before you begin your baking activity are you preparing first all the ingredients that you will use? And are you using the right measurement for the ingredients? Or are you only guessing?

When I am planning to bake I am preparing first all the ingredients and I am following its measurement so that I can bake the right texture and taste of the cake that I will going to bake.

Reaction score
I now try to bake from memory, as suggested by someone on these forums. Sometimes I have to look back at my recipes to get the right measurements. I make sure to have everything set up before I start baking.

Reaction score
I believe this is very important if you want your baking to turn out a success. My mother and her mother always use their 'senses' for the ingredients. However, some recipes require precision and I really like to have everything set up and ready. It is annoying to have to go to fridge or pantry every second because you have forgotten something. Maybe I am to stiff about this but I was taught in big kitchens to have everything ready and to put everything on its place. Those were the first two things I heard from the head chef.

Ask a Question