"Usually makes 24-26 cookies"

Reaction score
Baking cookies is one of my favorite things to bake. Often times when I follow recipes, my cookie count doesn't come out right.
For example, my recipe will say something like "usually makes 24-26 cookies" however, I only get 20-22 cookies out of the dough.
I know it is probably all in the size of cookies I am making so I try to make them uniform by using a spoon or a small ice cream scoop. Even when I do this, I sometimes come up short.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Reaction score
I have never had a recipe match the amount the recipe says it yields. Sometimes I end up with more but, more often than not, I end up with 3 or more less. Especially, when I make cupcakes. I never get the right amount and I usually end up with an odd number. If I'm trying to yield a specific number, I'll end up with some that aren't as big as the others. I too, use aids, like an ice cream scoop, but it makes no difference. I don't pay attention to yields anymore; I just bake whatever it makes.

Reaction score
I never get the amount of cookies the recipe claims I should be able to make. But to be fair, I always make my cookies way bigger than I need to. They expand so much in the oven that when I put down the dough it really doesn't look like much lol

Reaction score
Usually when a recipe says a big amount like that, I am lucky to get a dozen out of it. I am extremely lucky to get a baker's dozen. I don't bake for groups or anything so I don't really care about the amount that I get out of it. Though if it says 24 and I only get 5.. Then there might be a problem.

Reaction score
I never get the amount of cookies the recipe claims I should be able to make. But to be fair, I always make my cookies way bigger than I need to. They expand so much in the oven that when I put down the dough it really doesn't look like much lol
I usually make my cookies bigger than necessary as well. Personally, I think I do it so then I can say "Oh, I only ate one" and I don't feel so guilty. Haha! :)

Reaction score
Baking cookies is one of my favorite things to bake. Often times when I follow recipes, my cookie count doesn't come out right.
For example, my recipe will say something like "usually makes 24-26 cookies" however, I only get 20-22 cookies out of the dough.
I know it is probably all in the size of cookies I am making so I try to make them uniform by using a spoon or a small ice cream scoop. Even when I do this, I sometimes come up short.
Does this happen to anyone else?

To me it usually happens the opposite! I wouldn't worry to much about it, I believe it has happened to anyone

Reaction score
I never get the amount the recipe says-my daughter and I made lemon cookies last week and were supposed to get 24-ended up with 40!! I just had to eat them,lol,its a hard life sometimes!!

Ask a Question