Vegan Cakes???

Reaction score
I am trying to make a vegan chocolate cake, one which I can ice with buttercream and cover with fondant. However, all my cakes are coming out extremely crumbly. Can anyone help? All vegan cake recipes seem to have so much liquid in, more than there is flour and cocoa and my cake mixtures are coming out extremely runny. Is this correct? The recipe I am using is the following:

2.5cups (312g) Plain flour
100g (1cup) Cocoa Powder
480ml (2cups) Oat milk
402 (2 cups) caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp bi-carbonate of soda
4tbsp cider vinegar
2tbsp vanilla extract

Reaction score
Hi MontysBakes! Your recipe is similar to mine with the exception of oil. Maybe that's what's causing the problem (?). My vegan chocolate cake comes out beautifully each time. Google https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/the-ultimate-vegan-chocolate-cake/. I've been using this recipe for the past few years and I'm always happy with it. You'll see that the ingredients include 2/3 cup of vegetable oil (I use safflower or sunflower oil). Leavening amounts are a little different and the recipe uses less vinegar and vanilla. Take a look at it and see what you think. I also use Mandy's Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe which I found online. Excellent! I hope this helps.

Ask a Question