Best Chocolate Brands for Vegan Baking

Reaction score
I've found that the ones I've tried generally don't seem to keep their flavour particularly well if I use them in baking, or they seem to burn very easily alternatively. Is there a specific brand anyone can recommend that I try?

I'd specifically like to find a white chocolate but really I'd love to know of any chocolate at all that can be used! Thanks!

Reaction score
I honestly don't think the concept of vegan white chocolate exists. I'm trying hard to remember my truffle making course right now where I made the chocolate from its components and, well making vegan white chocolate would require the cocoa being left out and that would mean only a slight flavour from cocoa butter which after something to sweeten it would pretty much be the only ingredients. You would be eating sweetened cocoa butter.

Ih have found one out two places selling vegan white chocolate (in the UK) but it hardly seems worth it really!

Recipe to make it www.food.com/recipe/vegan-white-chocolate-457657 and another www.veganbaking.net/recipes/confections/candy/white-chocolate

Plus one place in the US selling it. www.veganstore.com/product/637/other-chocolates

Reaction score
I don't think you can have vegan white chocolate as its a milk base. But you might want to stick with cocoa powders and add your own sugar or other sweetener to taste. That way you control all the ingredients.

Reaction score
I thought chocolate was a vegan product anyway. The real stuff, not that mass produced stuff.

I would think adding milk to a chocolate would make it regular chocolate, not vegan. From what I understand, "vegan" is the production of a food item using only vegetable matter. Nothing from an animal, including dairy.

I would hazard a guess that a true vegan chocolate would be made with soy milk, almond milk, or tofu milk, not anything dairy related.

I found this.......it is an interesting read...

http://www.forkandbeans.com/2015/05/26/dairy-free-white-chocolate-guide/

Ask a Question