Almond Flavored Eggless Spanish Flan Recipe

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am looking for a recipe for making an eggless Spanish flan. In my country we have almond flavored agar agar available and gelantine. I don't want to use gelantine as it contains pork substitutes. Kind greetings

Reaction score
Vegan Flan

For the Caramel:

1/2 cup sugar

• Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir and melt until golden. Pour into the bottom of ramekins.
For the Custard:

2 cups plain soy milk
1 Tbsp. agar-agar flakes
1/2 cup extra-firm silken tofu
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

• Place the soy milk in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with the agar flakes. Let sit for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the agar has dissolved.
  • Put the tofu, sugar, vanilla, salt, and soy milk mixture in a blender and blend until very smooth.
  • Pour into the ramekins over the syrup, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours.
  • To remove from the ramekins, dip the bottom in hot water for about 15 seconds, then turn over onto a plate.
Makes 3 large or 6 small flan

vegan_flan_4.jpg

Reaction score
Than dear,
I was wondering if extra firm tofu could be replaced. With starch of custard? In my country I couldn't the silken tofu.

Reaction score
I've tries this one: 2 cups of evaporated milk, 2 tbs corn starch; 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. Great taste! Just like the real Spanish flan. Thanks!

Reaction score
I've tries this one: 2 cups of evaporated milk, 2 tbs corn starch; 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. Great taste! Just like the real Spanish flan. Thanks!

I'm glad you found a good recipe! Did it set ok?

Ask a Question