Tofu Lasagna with Tomato and Mushroom Sauce

Reaction score
I experimented with this last week and it turned out well. I have a few tweaks but it's worth trying. Instead of using pasta sheets I use thinly sliced tofu. What I did is fry the slices gently as it makes them firmer and then used the slices to make a layer then added a tomato and onion sauce I had made, and mixed in sauteed mushrooms and added some petit pois.

An easy to make dish, that is vegan and not expensive. You could make mini ones with different fillings if people like meat, and then put them in ramekins or a small loaf tin.

Reaction score
This sounds great! I've heard of several different ways of using tofu, but this is the first time I heard this :) It sounds like a super easy and healthy idea! I could actually give it a try!

Reaction score
I would never have thought of doing that with tofu instead of pasta sheets - what a great idea! :)

Reaction score
I've made veggie lasagna before, it was pretty good!
Although I did use real ricotta cheese, but everything else was veggie.

I used spinach pasta, which I love anyway.
I sliced onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms paper thin and layered that with the cheese, spinach leaves and the spinach lasagna noodles.

Covered it with a thick basil, tomato, and garlic sauce and baked it with the lid on.

I didn't think anybody else would like it, but it was gobbled up!!!

Reaction score
My sister's boyfriend is a vegan, actually - so this would be a good idea for a meal to prepare when they visit our house. I like that it's just a simple substitution there and it's easy to veganize!

Reaction score
The great thing is that tofu is available in more locations whereas before it was only a health food store or an oriental f grocery store. I forgot to add it's a good idea to season the tofu when you fry it to add more flavor. I used some onions, chili flakes and black pepper on mine.

Reaction score
The great thing is that tofu is available in more locations whereas before it was only a health food store or an oriental f grocery store. I forgot to add it's a good idea to season the tofu when you fry it to add more flavor. I used some onions, chili flakes and black pepper on mine.

Oooo, I had a friend some years back that made some killer fried tofu! And I don't like tofu! But I would eat hers any day!!!! It was SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Ask a Question