Delicious Vegan Oat Cookies Recipe for World Baking Day

Reaction score
Today is World Baking Day, so I decided to bake some oat cookies. I based the recipe on this Anzac biscuit recipe:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3803/anzac-biscuits

I swapped the coconut for more oats and butter for coconut oil. Here's my recipe (makes around 20 cookies):

170g oats
100g golden caster sugar
100g plain flour
100g coconut oil
1-2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan)
  2. Mix together the oats, sugar, and flour, Meanwhile melt the coconut oil and add the golden syrup.
  3. Combine 2 tbsp hot water with 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda and add to the melted oil and syrup, then add this to the dry ingredients.
  4. Mix well, and roll into walnut size balls, and space out on a lined baking tray.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
  6. Cool on a wire rack.
I remembered to take some photos this time! Could resist trying them out while they were warm out of the oven, and I can confirm they are very tasty. Usually oat cookies don't have enough oats for my tastes, but these were great! Next time I'm going to add raisins too.

oat cookies 1.jpg

oat cookies 2.jpg

oat cookies 3.jpg

Reaction score
I'm seeing a friend tomorrow who is allergic to egg, so I'm going to make some of these tonight. I have made them with raisins in and they were really good, but I'd like to try something different this time. I'm going to the shop later so I'll see what I can find, but I'm thinking that perhaps cranberry and orange would work well in this recipe.

Ask a Question