vegetables in cakes

Reaction score
I've never seen broccoli for example in a cake, yes l have seen carrots but that's about it has anyone ever used vegetables to bake a cake with?

Reaction score
I haven't seen a cake made with vegetables except for carrots or pumpkin but I did find a recipe for a muffin made with broccoli and leeks. Here is the link, if you are interested :)

Reaction score
There was an episode of Great British Bake Off on TV last night where the entrants had to make dairy free vegetable cakes - they did all sorts of different ones! There was sweet potato, beetroot, carrot, and butternut squash. I've only ever tried making carrot cake myself, but I'd like to give courgette cake a try, and maybe parsnip cake too :)

Reaction score
There's a thread floating around about sneaking veggies into kids food, and several of the recipes are for adding mushed or shredded veggies into cakes or other baked goods. It can add moistness, as well.

Ask a Question