Veggie Baking

Reaction score
These days it feels likes there is no end to the vegetables people are using in baking. As for me I have tried a simple old carrot cake which really wasn't very great. I've long thought of making a zucchini cake but have not made the plunge. The squash cake is something I have been thinking about as well. What about you? Have you been on the vegetable baking train? What vegetables have you used in baking?

Reaction score
I only like veggies in bread or savory bakes like pies. Cakes to me should always be sweet, otherwise I get disappointed. I do love bread with some roasted peppers or onions, or a popover with some onions in them. The flavor is the most important part; so if you lose that then I think it may look nice and be healthy, but not taste as good.

Reaction score
11158859104_aebf00b95a.jpg
I just pulled this image from online and truth be told I don't think I would enjoy something like this. When I started the thread I was thinking of cakes that make up the cake and not decoration as this one reflects. I have stumble on beet related cakes and so many other vegetables it's amazing.

Ask a Question