Vehicle cupcake painting

Reaction score
I have a vehicle cupcake pan mold. I made 60 cupcakes for my husbands birthday cake, which was a street race like in Fast and the Furious movie. I started painting the cars with a paint brush and frosting, but they were not coming out so well. The kids' painted cars were even worse. I heated the frosting so that I could pour it on the cars and it seem to work so much better. We used the paint brushes to accent the vehicles lights and windows. Next time, is there a better way to paint the cars?

Reaction score
Perhaps using fondant rather than frosting could work better as the consistence of fondant allows to paint it separately and the put piece by piece on the cake/cup cake to make your designs.

Reaction score
Perhaps using fondant rather than frosting could work better as the consistence of fondant allows to paint it separately and the put piece by piece on the cake/cup cake to make your designs.
I am not familiar on how to make this type of frosting. I will definitely need to do some research and practice before showing my children how to do it. This may just work really well for these cupcakes. Thanks so much!

Ask a Question