Vintage KitchenAid Mixer - Need Help Finding Interchangeable Parts

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I recently purchased a vintage KitchenAid K45 at a thrift store for less than $30. We were very excited as we love baking with each other. I presume the machine is from the 1970's. Upon bringing it home and cleaning it up I noticed a crack in the lower gear case causing it to not be able to lock in the down position. I went online trying to find a replacement part but could only find the part for the new K45SS (Solid State). As this part only appears slightly different in appearance I am not sure if it would fit our machine. Does anyone know if the parts are interchangeable or where I can get the correct parts? If any of those options don't work I will probably have to weld it together. Any input is greatly appreciated!

-J

Attachments

• 58787497285__3AC23A7A-D0B4-4311-B7D3-200972B0FCB1.JPG
    58787497285__3AC23A7A-D0B4-4311-B7D3-200972B0FCB1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 198
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I recently purchased a vintage KitchenAid K45 at a thrift store for less than $30. We were very excited as we love baking with each other. I presume the machine is from the 1970's. Upon bringing it home and cleaning it up I noticed a crack in the lower gear case causing it to not be able to lock in the down position. I went online trying to find a replacement part but could only find the part for the new K45SS (Solid State). As this part only appears slightly different in appearance I am not sure if it would fit our machine. Does anyone know if the parts are interchangeable or where I can get the correct parts? If any of those options don't work I will probably have to weld it together. Any input is greatly appreciated!

-J

Don’t know. contact Richard Nelson of https://nelsonezy.com/main.sc. He does vintage mixer repairs. He should be able to help you.

Ask a Question