Best Waffle Iron for Making Cinnamon Rolls, Brownies, and Eggs

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to buy a waffle iron, not to make waffles but to make cinnamon rolls, brownies, eggs, etc. which would be the best kind to get Belgium waffle iron or just a regular one?

Reaction score
I personally prefer the Belgian waffle iron :) I like the shape, it's perfect for when you want to make deserts that involve waffles, that shape offers a better presentation. The regular one doesn't look as good, so if it was me I'd choose the Belgian one.

Reaction score
That's cool. I never heard of making all that stuff in a waffle iron. I've always wanted one, but I never got around to getting one. My mom has one she doesn't use, and she said she'll send it to me, so I'll go with that. A Belgian waffle maker does sound like a great idea though. From the sound of things, you could do a lot with it.

Reaction score
I personally prefer the Belgian waffle iron :) I like the shape, it's perfect for when you want to make deserts that involve waffles, that shape offers a better presentation. The regular one doesn't look as good, so if it was me I'd choose the Belgian one.
Thank you so much! I was thinking about getting the Belgium one. When I was looking at ALL the recipes to use with a waffle iron, it seemed like some worked only with one and some worked with the other. I don't know what the difference would be. I can't wait to get one and try it. I think I might as well buy bigger pants now!!! lol

Reaction score
I am it sure how you could make cinnamon roles in a waffle iron honestly. They close very flat so the waffle batter only has room to rise a little bit. I like Belgian and waffles myself, but I think you are pretty limited in what you can do with a waffle iron.

Reaction score
I am it sure how you could make cinnamon roles in a waffle iron honestly. They close very flat so the waffle batter only has room to rise a little bit. I like Belgian and waffles myself, but I think you are pretty limited in what you can do with a waffle iron.
If you look on Pinterest, you wouldn't believe how many things, other than waffles, you can make in a waffle maker. Someone just sent me a post on FB on making a pizza with pillsbury pizza dough and your favorite toppings. Cinnamon rolls and that pizza are going to be the first things I make when I get my waffle iron.

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I was thinking about getting the Belgium one. When I was looking at ALL the recipes to use with a waffle iron, it seemed like some worked only with one and some worked with the other. I don't know what the difference would be. I can't wait to get one and try it. I think I might as well buy bigger pants now!!! lol

Hahahahaha, lol, have fun girl, whatever you decide buying! Please let me know what you got in the end ok? I hope to hear more about those recipes you found on Pinterest and how they turned out with your new ''gadget'' ;)

Reaction score
I have a Belgian waffle iron that my daughter got my Christmas several years ago. I love it. I have made both cinnamon rolls in it and brownies. I like the deeper indentations they get because the rolls hold the icing so nicely. And with the brownies, the hold the ice cream and any toppings you might add. I havre also used it to make cornbread with great success. I like to pour chili over my cornbread so the "waffles" are perfect for that. I have done French Toast in it as well. OH,, and I also actually use it for waffles!

Reaction score
I have a Belgian waffle iron that my daughter got my Christmas several years ago. I love it. I have made both cinnamon rolls in it and brownies. I like the deeper indentations they get because the rolls hold the icing so nicely. And with the brownies, the hold the ice cream and any toppings you might add. I havre also used it to make cornbread with great success. I like to pour chili over my cornbread so the "waffles" are perfect for that. I have done French Toast in it as well. OH,, and I also actually use it for waffles!
Do you think the Belgium waffle iron is to deep to make pizza with pizza dough?
I can't wait to try this stuff!! I have to go today to get one

Reaction score
Belgian waffle irons might be too deep for you if you are going my to be putting all those things in it. You might want to get one with fairly small pockets so that your dough gets fully browned. Otherwise you might have pale ridges if it doesn't fill all the space when it rises.

Reaction score
Belgian waffle irons might be too deep for you if you are going my to be putting all those things in it. You might want to get one with fairly small pockets so that your dough gets fully browned. Otherwise you might have pale ridges if it doesn't fill all the space when it rises.
I was thinking about that too. I think for the cinnamon rolls it would be good but for the others things I'm just not sure. Did you look on Pinterest for the other things you can make on a waffle iron yet? You will be surprised!! lol

Reaction score
i haven't had a waffle iron in a long time,I like the regular waffles better ;) but I do know to find a regular waffle iron that is made of steel instead of the less expensive ones that have a plastic outer covering

the metal ones cook hotter and make a crisper waffle,i do miss my old waffle iron,the Belgium one i had was OK,but to me the waffles weren't as good,of course i didn't know I could do all this with one either :)

Reaction score
I was thinking about that too. I think for the cinnamon rolls it would be good but for the others things I'm just not sure. Did you look on Pinterest for the other things you can make on a waffle iron yet? You will be surprised!! lol

I have! Those people are so creative. I couldn't believe all the cool stuff that they make with a waffle maker. I'm going to try to make some fun sandwiches and probably some kind of appetizers in mine. The stuff looks cool and sounds yummy. I think it would make some great party food.

Reaction score
I've seen all these waffle iron hacks, and really it's just like a sandwich toaster and seeing what works. You can make a mini-pizza or sub from them. I think they are getting cheaper too as the market has opened up, but I would choose one that is easy to clean, with plates that can be removed if possible. Keeping it grease free and clean is important, and the easier it is the more likely you will use it more often.

Reaction score
I've seen all these waffle iron hacks, and really it's just like a sandwich toaster and seeing what works. You can make a mini-pizza or sub from them. I think they are getting cheaper too as the market has opened up, but I would choose one that is easy to clean, with plates that can be removed if possible. Keeping it grease free and clean is important, and the easier it is the more likely you will use it more often.

You make a great point, Mara. I love the old metal ones instead of plastic or whatever, and many of them are made where the plates are removable. It definitely makes them much easier to clean, and yes, easier is better. I'm much more likely to use kitchen equipment that isn't a pain in the rear to clean.

Ask a Question