Watching cooking shows

Reaction score
Do you watch cooking shows to get ideas or do you watch them just for entertainment? I find that I have watched them more for entertainment, and I probably need to be jotting down more recipe ideas.

Reaction score
I do love to watch cookery shows. If anything you can pick up some very simple yet effective techniques! I often jot down a few favourite recipes or look up the show on their website to get the recipe. There seem to be so many though, it can make your head spin! I think all these shows do help people to try new types of food though.

Reaction score
I like to watch cooking shows to get ideas. They are actually important to me to ensure my family get a different kind of menu every week. If I don't watch any cooking shows or looking at recipes, cooking will be just a boring chore. Another thing I like watching cooking shows are to look at their kitchen interior design and what utensils they use.

Reaction score
I honestly watch cooking shows for entertainment, especially the cooking competition shows. I get my cooking ideas mostly from Pinterest and Tablespoon.

Reaction score
I used to watch cooking shows to get meal ideas, until I started watching Good Eats which is more about teaching how to cook things properly by understanding the food science behind it. And these days with the Internet I get ideas from forums and images.

Reaction score
More for entertainment, but I come across what looks like a good recipe every now and then -scones from tyler florence, dong po pork from Poh's kitchen, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson.

Reaction score
I watch baking shows mostly for the entertainment part but of course since I do bake I do get ideas a lot of the time. I do use cookbooks for recipes or the internet but sometimes you need a tutorial. That is where the baking shows come in handy because it is definitely an inspiration and idea sparker watching these type of television shows.

Reaction score
Most of the cooking shows I watch are only fort entertainment, since most recipes they use on those shows aren't even of the kind of dishes I'd like to prepare. So yeah, I basically watch those shows for the entertainment value :)

Reaction score
Do you watch cooking shows to get ideas or do you watch them just for entertainment? I find that I have watched them more for entertainment, and I probably need to be jotting down more recipe ideas.
I think we watch them for a little of both. My daughter loves cooking shows so we usually sit down later at night and catch a few of them before bed. I love the ones with competition. So exciting and I end up learning a lot along the way. :) I have learned about things that you can cook with that we would of never thought. :) I find it fun and informative as well. :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
You know, as much as I love watching cooking shows, I guess I really hadn't given much thought before as to what exactly the appeal is for me. I'd say the majority of it is for entertainment value, though I do get a lot of ideas and inspiration for it (or just to get my butt into cooking mode), I could put a little more effort into actually using them for recipe help.

Reaction score
The theory behind me watching cooking shows is for the entertainment, but I always get a lot of tips along the way. Watching cooking shows is much better than watching mind numbing soap operas! I usually find an idea or recipe that I want to try and then log onto the shows website to actually get it.

Reaction score
I'm addicted to watching cookery shows!! I love the competitive ones for entertainment, but I usually find myself getting engrossed in what they are making, and wondering if I can pull it off myself. I love them for information too - Jamie Oliver is very good at giving instruction, as well as entertaining, so I guess it's a bit of both.

I particularly like shows that offer some good foodie news too. ;)

Ask a Question