We still don't have snow!

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't "complain" but I am itching to go cross country skiing!! I heard we are supposed to get
some this weekend! I just can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving and we don't have any! We usually have had
a couple of snowfalls by now. It will be forever before there is enough snow to ski on my favorite golf course!

LOL! What do you like to do in the winter? Any sports? :)

Reaction score
being in southern california, we are having a 90 deg. weather day today, but tomorrow and the rest of the week/weekend it will be about 70's with some drizzle. I know, poor us huh? LOL
They are calling for another dry season and it is so sad for the farmers out here, gonna be tough.

With winter only being a bit rainy out here, our activities are usually the same.

Reaction score
When it is below zero here 70's will sound really good!!! But I would miss the changing seasons!
There are times though that I would love to live near the ocean! Don't get much sand and surf in MT! LOL
I am enjoying the nice weather but everything is so brown here this time of year. It looks so pretty once
everything is covered with a blanket of snow!!! :)

Reaction score
When it is below zero here 70's will sound really good!!! But I would miss the changing seasons!
There are times though that I would love to live near the ocean! Don't get much sand and surf in MT! LOL
I am enjoying the nice weather but everything is so brown here this time of year. It looks so pretty once
everything is covered with a blanket of snow!!! :)
I totally understand you. I live in Minnesota and snow is usual for us this time of year. We had snow in May this year, so many people are happy it hasn't came yet, but I love the snow. The below zero winds and windchill's are the pieces of winter I don't like. I did some cross country skiing in grade school and have not done it since, but it was fun. I went to a ski resort also in grade school and have not went back, so maybe I should do that this year. I won't ski though, LOL, i would just look cute in my winter or ski outfits. Happy skiing!!

Reaction score
No snow here, just drizzle caused by the cold fronts coming our way.

I don't like to go anywhere out of the city during winter, but enjoy the hustle and bustle down the streets. There's some magic in the seasonal illumination and the ambiance that usually refers me back to my childhood days when there was nothing to worry but having fun.

Reaction score
We got snow earlier this year too. It just didn't last long. I don't mind not having to shovel! But I like everything else about snow!!! LOL
I don't care for below zero but I do enjoy the excuse to cover up in a blanket and watch TV or read a good book!!
I usually have to take my daughter to school and run other errands - but if I can - I don't go anywhere unless I have to!
I'd love to hang out in my pi's all day!! LOL

Reaction score
I have this crazy wish, to be snowed in. I like when a storm is coming and everybody goes to the store to stock up. I guess everybody has some kind of fear of being snowed in. Minnesota used to be like that where the Winters were notorious for snowing you in, but not these days. My children do not know how hard winters were when I was growing up.

Reaction score
I agree - I don't think my kids know what hard winters are like either. We haven't really had a bad one for quite a few years!
One of the first years we lived in our house we had over 5 feet of snow in a couple of months!
When I was in college they had to shut it down for a couple of days because it was below zero for so long
that they couldn't afford to heat it!! :)

Reaction score
I live in Toronto, Canada and apparently is snowed a few days ago somewhere here, but not in my area (yay). I don't really like the snow very much because I get sick easily, but I love having snowball fights. My favourite thing to do in the winter is to cuddle, it sounds lame but it's so cozy. :oops: I went skiing once and I had a blast, I would definitely do it again, but my level is the baby hill.

Reaction score
I like to make forts with my kids and have snow wars. Last year, we had 3 strategic forts in our yard and had a blast. When we can inside, I had the caramel apple cider drinks hot and ready to warm us up.

Reaction score
Sounds fun PreyaM & Lady350! I haven't been in a snowball fight for years!! LOl!!! I don't know that I ever really enjoyed them! When I was in grade school someone hit me in the head with a really hard snowball and I'm pretty sure I blacked out for a tiny bit of time!! I don't think anyone knew but me. Maybe that is why I don't care for that! :)
We are still waiting for the snow they keep predicting. It seems that it keeps snowing everywhere except here! I just really want to get out and go cross-country skiing!!! :)
Great way to blow off steam and it is much easier (I think) than downhill!

Reaction score
Lucky. I hate the snow. We don't have snow here yet, either, but I'm not complaining. LOL. I just don't like the cold or the snow. I like to do nothing but sit indoors when it's cold out and sit and wait for the winter to pass so I can be happy again. LOL.

Reaction score
Kaylah - sorry to hear you don't like snow and cold! It must be hard to "wait out" the winter!!! :)
We are actually getting snow today and I am so excited!!! We might actually have snow for Thanksgiving because
it seems really weird not to! Yay!!!!
The only thing I don't like about when the weather changes is that it makes my sinuses hurt! Argh! :)

Ask a Question