Wedding cake fall

Reaction score
I really need some advice. This past Saturday I setup and delivered a 4 tier wedding cake. It had supports and dowels. When I got there the venue was full of guests and people were standing watching me assemble which gave me high anxiety and I ended placing the top tier off a bit which, I will agree, made that part lean a little. But there’s now way it would have completely collapsed. I heard nothing, so I assumed everything was okay. Until I received a message a few days later from bride stating she was upset and highly disappointed, she said the cake fell and they weren’t able to enjoy any of it. Of course I felt horrible cuz this never happened before and I never got a bad review. I immediately apologized and offered to re do their top tier so they could have it, she denied that but did accept if I sent some money back for the mishap. I agreed. She reviewed my business bad, okay, then went and shared all over social media even after we had already discussed situation. I then received a couple pictures from other people showing there was the cake, taken apart, on the table so they actually did get to enjoy some of it. Idk what really happened. Maybe the top tier did fall but per picture I have, there was still cake to serve along with a tier that looks like it was saved for them to take. I guess I’m asking what I should do? How much should I refund? She’s still bashing and dragging my business even after we talked. I’m so disheartened and feel like a failure. I wanna give up and never do another cake again.

Reaction score
don't give her anything unless she agrees to stop slamming you, mention the photos that contradict her story and don't hesitate the post them online to disprove her story, sounds like the bridezilla type.

I would never do those heavy tall narrow stacked cakes but no matter what type of cake...always set up early.

Ask a Question