Tips for Baking a Multi-Tiered Wedding Cake

Reaction score
I'm baking my brothers wedding cake nd it will be my first wedding cake. I'm so confused about the cake batter and how to bake a cake that will be suitable in the cake tins I'm using. I'm using 10", 8" and 6" tins so can I just make a cake and put the battery into those tins or is there a certain amount I need to put in the tins?

Also how many layers are in each tier? Help me

Reaction score
An easy way to work it out is to fill up whichever tin you have a recipe for (eg if the recipe you're following is for an 8 inch tin) about halfway with water. Then pour this into the other tins so they fill up about halfway too and that will give you an idea about how much to reduce or increase your ingredients by. However, I'd personally google a cake conversion table and work from that - it will tell you how much to multiply or divide your recipe by for different shapes and sizes of tins.

Regarding the layers, I'd say make at least 2 cakes in each size. Most standard cake recipes will give you a cake that's a couple of inches tall, maybe 3 max. If you only use one cake per layer, even with a filling, you'll only have a cake that's 8 or 9 inches tall which really doesn't make an impact when it's tiered. Either cut each cake in half so you have 4 thinner layers per tier or just tort each cake and have 2 thicker layers per tier.

If you need a way to visualise it, stack your cake tins on top of each other and then take away half that height- that will be with one cake per tier - assuming your tins aren't extra deep ones. If you feel it needs to be taller still either make the tiers taller or make a 4th tier - this would be a more practical solution when it comes to cutting and serving the cake but you may need to invest in another cake tin!

Reaction score
Basically, anyone that's been dreaming about their wedding day since they can remember. And while everyone loves wedding cake, choosing what to serve for this momentous occasion is no cakewalk. At Moonbakes chennai we are offering premium wedding cakes to cater your expectation of the D-day. you can explore more at moonbakes.co.in

Attachments

• Wedding Cake -Moonbakes chennai.jpg
    Wedding Cake -Moonbakes chennai.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 33

Ask a Question