Wedding Cake Trends

Reaction score
Ombre-Ombre cakes can capture a couples favorite colors (think purple/pink, blue/green, red/orange) or correlate with wedding colors in themes. Ombre cakes are usually cleanly iced or textured with something like ruffles.

Lace Doilies/Vintage Look- These cakes seem to blend modern-day and vintage seamlessly. They add an interesting, 3-D texture and elegance while blending vintage touches like lace and doilies, quilted even ruffles!

Signature Monogram-Clothes, hats, mugs, wreaths-its all been monogramed, and now it's cakes turn. These are usually cleanly iced cakes, in white or lighter colors with the monogramed stamped or sculpted on the middle or tallest tier.

Natural/Minimal- Along with boho flowers, cakes have also gotten the "natural" treatment, opting for minimal icing, usually with cake showing through.

What do you think of these current trends? Any you hate or love? Any I missed? Would you try any? Personally, I think the monogram is really cool.

Reaction score
I haven't really given much thought to wedding cake trends lately- I'm already married and even in my own wedding plans I wasn't too caught up in what was trendy and what wasn't. I love the ombre and the lace detailing on some cakes though. They can be quite gorgeous :).

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the natural/minimalist trend because wedding cakes are supposed to look special and festive. I think the ombre frosting treatment is really cute but I'm not into the ruffles and doilies.

Ask a Question