Wedding Cookie Display

Reaction score
Hiya
I hope someone can offer some advice! I am making a lot of wedding cookies. These are heart shaped shortbread biscuits around 4.5’ wide. They then have a smaller heart shaped piece of fondant put on then peoples names iced onto them. They are then displayed in white boxes with a clear lid to be placed on the wedding tables.
Is there anything I can buy to put into the box first to stop grease marks from appearing? I have tried shredded tissue which worked well but wasn’t happy with the overall effect. I thought of parchment but think it will look unsightly. anyone any ideas please?

Reaction score
Hiya
I hope someone can offer some advice! I am making a lot of wedding cookies. These are heart shaped shortbread biscuits around 4.5’ wide. They then have a smaller heart shaped piece of fondant put on then peoples names iced onto them. They are then displayed in white boxes with a clear lid to be placed on the wedding tables.
Is there anything I can buy to put into the box first to stop grease marks from appearing? I have tried shredded tissue which worked well but wasn’t happy with the overall effect. I thought of parchment but think it will look unsightly. anyone any ideas please?

Welcome to the forum. I don’t know what country you live in, but in the US you can purchase bakery paper doilies, both grease proof paper and unwaxed,

They are sold in cake supply stores; kitchen and restaurant supply stores; party supply stores; big box craft stores like JoAnn’s and Michael’s in the baking packaging supply section.

They also sell online.

Google
“Bakery doilies”
“Heart shaped wedding doilies”
“Grease proof doilies”

Ask a Question