Wedding Cookie Display

Reaction score
Hiya
I hope someone can offer some advice! I am making a lot of wedding cookies. These are heart shaped shortbread biscuits around 4.5’ wide. They then have a smaller heart shaped piece of fondant put on then peoples names iced onto them. They are then displayed in white boxes with a clear lid to be placed on the wedding tables.
Is there anything I can buy to put into the box first to stop grease marks from appearing? I have tried shredded tissue which worked well but wasn’t happy with the overall effect. I thought of parchment but think it will look unsightly. anyone any ideas please?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hiya
I hope someone can offer some advice! I am making a lot of wedding cookies. These are heart shaped shortbread biscuits around 4.5’ wide. They then have a smaller heart shaped piece of fondant put on then peoples names iced onto them. They are then displayed in white boxes with a clear lid to be placed on the wedding tables.
Is there anything I can buy to put into the box first to stop grease marks from appearing? I have tried shredded tissue which worked well but wasn’t happy with the overall effect. I thought of parchment but think it will look unsightly. anyone any ideas please?
Welcome to the forum. I don’t know what country you live in, but in the US you can purchase bakery paper doilies, both grease proof paper and unwaxed,

They are sold in cake supply stores; kitchen and restaurant supply stores; party supply stores; big box craft stores like JoAnn’s and Michael’s in the baking packaging supply section.

They also sell online.

Google
“Bakery doilies”
“Heart shaped wedding doilies”
“Grease proof doilies”

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Jayne! Yup greaseproof paper would be my suggestion too :)

Ask a Question