Weekday or Weekend baker?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone is overwhelmingly one or the other?

I'm definitely more of a weekend baker. I've just got more time to do stuff, since my hubby is home to look after our little one -- that way I can really focus my attention on what I'm doing. In saying that though, a lot of my friends with school-aged kids are much more weekday bakers - making all those goodies for school lunchboxes and things like that!

What about you? Or do you fall somewhere in the middle?

Reaction score
I am always a weekend baker because it is only every Saturday and Sunday when I have all the time to cook and bake for my family.

Reaction score
I'm the bake when you feel like it type of person. Sometimes it's weekends, and sometimes weekdays. If I get a craving for a certain type of pastry, and I have the energy, I'll go right into it.

Reaction score
Right now I bake mostly during the weekend, because during the week I am too busy to do anything. I might be exaggeration a bit but it's mostly true. Plus during the weekend I can be left alone baking, during the week I'd have a lot people coming in and out the kitchen. I don't like that, specially if it is my mom.

Reaction score
I'm the bake when you feel like it type of person. Sometimes it's weekends, and sometimes weekdays. If I get a craving for a certain type of pastry, and I have the energy, I'll go right into it.

That's a good way to be! Just go with the flow! That way I think you'd be passionate and interested in whatever you were making, rather than it feeling like a chore!

Reaction score
I bake every day of the week whenever I feel like baking something. I have a combination of week days and weekends off at work, so I have to be flexible. Sometimes I like to bake during the week day because the kids are at school and there is no one to bug me.

Reaction score
Weekend here too. I just went back to work - parttime anyway. My husband is a CPA so I am helping out at his firm during tax season. I started Monday - so still learning the ropes! :) Its nice to have something to do during the days but man am I tired!! LOL! Just not used to doing lots of stuff. Good thing is that it is busy so my time there goes really fast! :)

Reaction score
Overwhelmingly a weekend baker. It's usually a Sunday evening/night. The odd time I have baked on a weekday it was probably a holiday. Any other time was a spur of the moment thing that does not happen often. I think I have baked most of my dog treats on weekdays.

Reaction score
I am definitely a weekend baker, but I wish I could be more go-with-the-flow! I find it really relaxing and therapeutic, but only when I've got plenty of time to enjoy doing it. I hate when I've committed to baking something for an occasion/gift and then I run out of time.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Amio26 :) I feel exactly the same - I love baking, but only when I can take my time and enjoy it!

Ask a Question