Weird Flavor Combinations

Reaction score
Okay, maybe "weird" isn't the best word. Maybe I should say unusual or unique. I was recently scratching my head over a milkshake flavor called jalapeno fudge or something like that. I like jalapenos. I like a bit of spice. I'm just not so sure I want it in sweets.

I thought to myself, I can't imagine baking sweets like that, but then I found this Hot Thread.

What do you think?

Reaction score
Eh, no thanks, lol. Spicy sauce added to brownies? :confused: Now I have heard it all, I love all spicy things, but I draw a limit when sweet things are involved ;) As for jalapeno... eww, no way I mix that with something sweet, no, just no. But I have heard of people making avocado milkshakes ;) Not for me either though, I bet they are tasty, but I'm used to eat avocados in a very different way :confused:

Reaction score
I like spice A LOT! I'll put it in anything, so the spicy milkshake flavor doesn't sound so bad to me. I'm one of those who puts hot sauce on things like scrambled eggs, popcorn, etc. Trellum mentioned the avocado milkshake and that's where my stomach started to turn! I like avocado, but it doesn't seem like it would go well with a dairy product like milk. For me, avocado goes well with spice, like in a guacamole. I also like an avocado cut up in a salad or on a sandwich.

Reaction score
I haven't tried spicy flavors together with sweets. If you guys say its good then I will definitely try it.

Reaction score
Well, to me brown sugar and bacon was a little "off" but maybe that's because I don't like sugar. LOLOL

I think spicy with sweet can work maybe but depending on what it is. A spicy chocolate MAY work (again I have no clue) but jalape~no and chocolate? That's OUT there. LOLOL

It's kind of like adding butter to coffee..."weird", but it happens. LOL

Reaction score
I have friends still living in Australia and right now they have Vegemite chocolate that has been released by Cadbury's.
A friend sent me some and it was absolutely horrible! They told me it sort of just tasted like salted caramel chocolate -- they were wrong!

If anyone doesn't know what vegemite is, it's a very salty tasting savory vegetable based yeast extract. It's a thick black paste. Imagine that in lovely milk chocolate. It's only a limited time thing I believe but why they released it at all is beyond me! I seriously thought it was a joke initially!

Ask a Question