What are some common mistakes you might make in baking?

Reaction score
I confess again that I am not a veteran baker, and that box cakes are my thing. I also said somewhere earlier that I never have a problem with taste but even with my box cakes the odd one has not risen enough or might once have had a line somewhere.

The link below speaks to some common mistakes people make in baking. What has been your experience?

http://chefinyou.com/7-most-common-baking-mistakes/

Reaction score
I agree with this article. Mistake number one is my biggest problem. I like to cook organically. I hardly measure anything. That's a big problem when I'm baking. I need to be precise and my natural instinct isn't to be.

This is why I make sure I have a recipe down cold before attempting any creative ideas.

Reaction score
Every mistake I made, I make sure I learn from it. I don’t think every successful baker did not commit hardly any mistake at all. I am no veteran either, long as you have basic know-how in baking, I am pretty you’ll get the result in the end.

Reaction score
I agree with this article. Mistake number one is my biggest problem. I like to cook organically. I hardly measure anything. That's a big problem when I'm baking. I need to be precise and my natural instinct isn't to be.

This is why I make sure I have a recipe down cold before attempting any creative ideas.

I understand you perfectly Tara and I believe you are much better than I am at this. I am a girl who loves to go with the flow and baking can sometimes restrict me. Just like you my natural instinct is to add the amount I deem necessary as I do when I am cooking. You can't "play that" with baking. You have to be precise if not all of the times, most of the times.

Yesterday I did a chocolate cake and I tried a little something other than what was recommended. It taste great but it's dryer than I hoped for. Whatever the case the others are going to be eating it. They are good for taking care of everything.:)

Ask a Question