What are you baking for Easter?

Reaction score
I've had my eye on a recipe for a Chocolate Malt Cake, and I've decided to adapt it for cupcakes instead of a 3-tier sponge cake.

This is the recipe: http://www.sundaybaking.co.uk/chocolate-malteser-cake-recipe/

I'm going to top each on with a Malteaster Bunny (like the ones shown in the photo). Instead of cutting out the fudge sauce bit, I'm going to fill each cupcake with a spoonful of it - yum! Hope it all works out - I'll let you know how it goes.

What is everyone else baking for Easter? Anyone doing a traditional Simnel Cake?

Reaction score
I'm going to make my "famous" pineapple cake. The recipe is SUPER easy, but people adore it. It's so moist and tasty.

Reaction score
Hmm, it's a bit risky and I'm not sure it'll go so well, but I'm planning to make an Easter egg cake!
I've got the moulds for it, and I'm planning to stick them together with some sort of jam/creme mixture, but I can't decide if I should make the cake hollow, and put something yummy inside, or just make them whole cakes, if that makes sense?

Reaction score
I'm not baking anything as I was told not to bring anything for one dinner and soda for the other one. When I do bake things to take somewhere, I usually opt for homemade hot fudge brownie Sundays.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it won't be on Easter, but maybe a short time after, I plan to make good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. I'm studying abroad in Japan and none of us have had home baked cookies since we came. Very few of us know how to bake, but we will hold Cookie day in our dorms. I made cookies at a friends house and passed them out here. Now I'm getting requests to make more haha.

Reaction score
I haven't made regular chocolate chip cookies in a while! I'm glad you said that, it reminded me. I think I have everything to make it right now. :)

Reaction score
I made some banana bread today, only because the bananas insisted it was time. I've been so worn out from getting the garden in, baking has sent to the side lines until I get the spring planting in.

Reaction score
We baked Banana bread! It was really moist but we only baked like two cakes 2x10 in size. It was really yummy with coffee in the afternoon. I was hoping to bake Easter cookies, just plain chewy choco chips with food colouring but there was no time to buy all the ingredients because we didn't have food colouring on hand.

Reaction score
I haven't made regular chocolate chip cookies in a while! I'm glad you said that, it reminded me. I think I have everything to make it right now. :)
How can you not bake chocolate chip cookies on a regular basis!?

Reaction score
I had planned to make some chocolate chip cookies, since I got a couple bags on sale this week, but my mother in law had a last minute Deviled Egg request so I am not sure if I will get around to the cookies...the day is still young though so we will see!

Reaction score
I made a cinnamon roll casserole type thing! It's really easy and delicious. You just use a can of cinnamon rolls, cover them in blueberry pie filling and then top with a crumble mixture and bake at 350 for ~40 minutes. When they're done, drizzle them with the icing from the cinnamon rolls! So good :)

Reaction score
Here's how my chocolate malt cupcakes turned out - I was very pleased with them!

chocolate malt cupcakes.jpg

The ones with the yellow cases are the regular recipe, and the ones with blue cases are egg free. Filling them with the chocolate fudge sauce worked really well, I'll definitely try that again! The frosting was the best bit though, everyone enjoyed them which was a relief.

Reaction score
We made miniature lemon cupcakes, in liners that had a leaf design, with buttercream flowers on top.

Ask a Question