What are you baking this weekend?

Reaction score
I'm baking two loaves of sourdough bread, and hopefully a batch of chocolate brownies with salted caramel - a recipe I saw on tv a few weeks ago.

I don't do a lot of baking in January because usually we're still getting over holiday indulgence, but sometimes I just have to bake something!

Anyone else baking this weekend?

Reaction score
My daughter is off to boarding school which means it's just my son and hubby who is home so i won't be doing a lot of baking. This weekend i am looking into baking a potato pudding and i've got some over-ripe bananas so i am going to make use of them and make a couple banana breads.

Reaction score
Oooh I've been keeping off making some cupcakes but I've got some new silicone individual molds so I'll be trying them out soon! So excited!

Mint & chocolate of course :)

Reaction score
Well I just pulled a recipe from Food Network for a cauliflower gratin from Barefoot Contessa so I will be baking that over the weekend. I am probably going to make a couple of batches of cookies as well because my freezer is almost depleated.

Reaction score
Well I just pulled a recipe from Food Network for a cauliflower gratin from Barefoot Contessa so I will be baking that over the weekend. I am probably going to make a couple of batches of cookies as well because my freezer is almost depleated.
Yum!
I LOVE cauliflower gratin. Thanks for the inspiration!

Reaction score
I am making Nigella's Breakfast bars for a busy friend and experimenting with some cashew flour snickerdoodles.

I've never tried Nigella's breakfast bars - I might look those up.

The cashew flour isn't something I've come across before; I've used coconut flour and almond flour in a few things, but I'm quite intrigued by cashew flour. Is this your first time using it, or do you use it quite often?

Reaction score
I've never tried Nigella's breakfast bars - I might look those up.

The cashew flour isn't something I've come across before; I've used coconut flour and almond flour in a few things, but I'm quite intrigued by cashew flour. Is this your first time using it, or do you use it quite often?

I've used cashew flour a few times and I love it! It's sweet and adds a creaminess to the cookies. I like it better than almond flour which I find to be slightly bitter. I've made chocolate chip cookies with it and used it for the crust layer in a batch of paleo Magic Cookie Bars (aka 7 Layer Bars aka Hello Dolly bars).
If you like the taste of cashews, give it a try.

Reaction score
I think I will give cashew flour a try too, sounds like it would be good. There is a pantry shop near my house that has a large assortment of different types of flours. Everything from rice flour to you name it, they have it.

Reaction score
I've used cashew flour a few times and I love it! It's sweet and adds a creaminess to the cookies. I like it better than almond flour which I find to be slightly bitter. I've made chocolate chip cookies with it and used it for the crust layer in a batch of paleo Magic Cookie Bars (aka 7 Layer Bars aka Hello Dolly bars).
If you like the taste of cashews, give it a try.

It sounds great - I'm particularly intrigued by the creaminess you say it has. I can imagine it's a much better choice than almond flour for a number of things, as I've found almond flour a bit bitter in certain things too.

I'll definitely give it a go, monkeyboots. Thanks for letting us in on that one! ;)

Reaction score
I already baked a one man Vegan chocolate in the microwave that turned out surprisingly well. I would love to do some sort of bread that includes some coconut which I bought just to try something. I feel like making something nice and crunchy.

Reaction score
I'm baking two loaves of sourdough bread, and hopefully a batch of chocolate brownies with salted caramel - a recipe I saw on tv a few weeks ago.

I don't do a lot of baking in January because usually we're still getting over holiday indulgence, but sometimes I just have to bake something!

Anyone else baking this weekend?
Sounds lush! I am going to be baking double chocolate cookies and a chicken pie for the in laws, made it once before but it is still a bit of a roulette! I will also be making some blueberry muffins on Saturday. Curse you Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry!

Reaction score
Pork Pies, Marble Cake and I've got time, 12 Chocolate Cupcakes

John, you are new here and it looks like you know your way around the oven. That's great. I am still learning. I want to make some rock cakes and my son keeps asking me for a banana bread. I made my first recently and he was so impress he can't stop talking about it. He actually has me a little nervous as he's my biggest critic when it comes to certain things and cake is one of them. I would not want to mess up. I'll see how it goes.

Welcome..

Ask a Question