What are you doing this weekend?

Reaction score
I am going to make some zucchini bread - for one! I got some from my doctors office yesterday! The receptionist said they get bucket-fulls every day! So, I happily took some to make bread. It is one way my daughter will eat veggies!!! LOL

And then on the lazy side of things - my daughter and I are going shopping and getting some make up tips, and just having a girl weekend. And, of course, I will fit in doing laundry, and getting dinner - hopefully in the crockpot!

What are your plans? Will it be a nice weekend where you are? We are actually getting cooler and it rained all night! So nice!!! :)

Reaction score
Ugh! I love the rain!:D So romantic, so soothing. This weekend I am going to do a lot of housework, and I have laundry to do as well. I also need to make sure that my son stays on top of his homework, so that all his work that is due in school on Monday will actually be done.

You have reminded me that I can use my crock pot to cook some chicken that I bought the other day. Sometimes I forget to use my crock pot, even though I love that thing. But it is not out on one of my counters, so sometimes it is a case of out of sight, out of mind when it comes to using it.

Zucchini bread, I have not had that in ages! Yum, I really like it. Maybe I'll make some myself if I can find a very simple recipe to use.

Hope you and your daughter enjoy the weekend!

Reaction score
Well weekends are my garden time. I still have zuccini producing, so I am going to go out picking and working around the garden and yard. Since you were all talking about the bread, thought it fitting to jump in.

Reaction score
It's raining hard outside, so I'm leaving my plants alone and working at my computer and listing stuff on eBay. I might make a chicken in the oven later.

Reaction score
I am going to bake a chocolate cake if my back stops hurting! I have my grandmother`s recipe, absolutely LOVE that cake but Never tried to do it myself before. Wish me luck! :)

Reaction score
Pasy - ugh! Sorry to hear your back is hurting! :( That just affects everything - doesn't it?! Hope it is better soon and you were able to make your cake!! I love chocolate cake! Well, anything chocolate actually! LOL
ACSAPA - that is cool that you sell on eBay! I do too! Usually now I am just selling what we don't use or what my kids have outgrown. I used to be a pretty dedicated seller - as in I was always sourcing products to sell. Not so much anymore. My hubby doesn't like to see all the inventory around the house!! LOL! I will still source and sell Starbucks mugs though - when I can get my hands on them! :)
Justusforus - sounds nice! Did you make any bread? :)
I was really happy with mine - even though I accidentally put more cinnamon in than was called for!!! That will teach me to try to bake w/out my glasses! :)

Reaction score
Pasy - ugh! Sorry to hear your back is hurting! :( That just affects everything - doesn't it?! Hope it is better soon and you were able to make your cake!! I love chocolate cake! Well, anything chocolate actually! LOL
ACSAPA - that is cool that you sell on eBay! I do too! Usually now I am just selling what we don't use or what my kids have outgrown. I used to be a pretty dedicated seller - as in I was always sourcing products to sell. Not so much anymore. My hubby doesn't like to see all the inventory around the house!! LOL! I will still source and sell Starbucks mugs though - when I can get my hands on them! :)
Justusforus - sounds nice! Did you make any bread? :)
I was really happy with mine - even though I accidentally put more cinnamon in than was called for!!! That will teach me to try to bake w/out my glasses! :)

I sell my hand drawn artwork on eBay. I sometimes wish I was one of those eBay sellers with a ton of collectibles to sell because the artwork does take some time to make and one of those collectors could sell 10 action figures in the time it takes me to make a couple of drawings.

Reaction score
Nice! I sometimes wish I was a talented artist! But, then again, I don't feel like I have the patience for it either! Sometimes it takes a while to sell the things I list too! Christmas is probably the busiest time of year for me. I will usually sell things that I haven't been able to move the rest of the year.
My daughter takes pictures and makes cards with them (she is 14). I've often thought about listing them on eBay for her. But, I know how hard it is to move handmade items. :(

Reaction score
My weekends are family time. I go to my mom's house and spend time with her and my nephew and sister. We talk watch tv and just hang out. Now that football season has started we watch the games and comment on the teams. I have a lot of fun.

Reaction score
Since this is in the off topic category, my weekend probably won't include any baking. I live in a small town a few hours east of Tucson in Arizona. Tucson has a great old movie theatre called The Loft that shows classics, documentaries, and revivals. This month one of their events is a Coen Brothers Festival. Every Thursday and Saturday in September they are showing Coen Brother films. This Saturday - The Big Lebowski!!!! Road trip! There is a great bakery we like to visit as well. Should be fun.

Reaction score
I am going to be watching Ohio State play Wisconsin at my moms house. I watch college football every weekend there. We have lots of fun yelling at the tv and talking about the teams. I can't wait.

Reaction score
Nice! This weekend we are going to go through a straw maze here in town. Every year the family that makes it does a different design. This year it is a stage coach. It is actually pretty hard sometimes to get through the whole thing. They station people up high that can direct you if you get lost. And, people always get lost!!! LOL It is a lot of fun though! My husband, daughter and I are going and looking forward to it! We are just hoping the weather is good. It is supposed to snow tomorrow!!! :0 I don't mind the snow so much as I mind the mud that comes with it if it starts warming up and melting!!! Yuck!!
Hope your weather is either nice enough to enjoy the outdoors or cold enough to do some baking!!!

Reaction score
Okay, so it's only Tuesday, but this coming weekend is homecoming for the University from which I graduated - Western New Mexico University in Silver City, New Mexico. My wife and I are going to take our youngest son to the football game. Should be fun!

Reaction score
I love football games!!
This weekend I might go camping with my son's boy scout troop. It's up in the air whether I will go, or my husband. :) I'd like to go, just to take pictures!

Reaction score
Brad - football - nice!!! Have fun! :)
TABL - camping is definetely not my thing!! I just don't like being that uncomfortable! LOL Do you sleep in a tent or a camper? We used to go all the time when I was young and I just never developed a taste for it. I think I am the only one of my siblings that doesn't like to camp!!! I just hate all the prep and then you get there and have to be out with all the mosquitos and smell like smoke!!! LOL!!!
I prefer staying in a hotel! Thankfully my hubby isn't a camper either!
Have fun taking pictures! That part would be fun! :)

Reaction score
The weekend is almost over, but my cousin came over and we went out for lunch yesterday, then we went out for ice cream. We didn't stay home; we kept walking around the neighbourhood to burn calories. Today is Sunday, so I'll be going to the temple. We're going to be cooking a feast for over 500 people and I'll be with my boyfriend; all my favourite people in one weekend. :D

Reaction score
It sound like you are having a good weekend. I am spending time with my family and watching football. That's basically what I do every weekend.

Ask a Question