What are you "known" for?

Reaction score
Is there one recipe or specialty area for which you're especially well known? Do people rave about a particular type of cake, pie or cookie you bake? Each year at Christmas time I make a variety of cookies to take to our family Christmas Eve gathering. I make tried and true recipes as well as new ones each year. People look for their specific favorite and try out new things I've made. But I think the thing they all talk about the most is my "buckeye" peanut butter balls. If those weren't on the tray I'd be in trouble! There is a woman in our town who is well known for her peanut butter balls. Last year my brother, who is one of my sharpest critics, told me that he likes mine better than hers. That was very high praise for me! What item do you make so well that folks look for it?

Reaction score
I'm good at making bread rolls, like cloverleaf rolls and Parker house rolls. I also make a couple decent stir fry recipes and good key lime pie.
I'm not mainly a cook. My main skills are art, crafts and small home repairs, so I'm probably not as much of an expert cook as some of you guys. But I'm good at following recipes and instructions.

Reaction score
My kids love my chocolate brownie and my lava cake. They always ask for these two recipes and devour them. I especially like when they are eating another dessert and ask "But why can't we have daddy's brownies again?"

Reaction score
My family is known for our Christmas cookies, especially the version of Speculoos we make. Everyone always asks "What were the little brown cookies?"

Reaction score
I guess it would be Kerrie's Krazy Kookies, which are just monster cookies with oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and M&Ms. I also almonds!

Reaction score
I'm good at making bread rolls, like cloverleaf rolls and Parker house rolls. I also make a couple decent stir fry recipes and good key lime pie.
I'm not mainly a cook. My main skills are art, crafts and small home repairs, so I'm probably not as much of an expert cook as some of you guys. But I'm good at following recipes and instructions.

ACSAPA, I sure don't consider myself and expert, either. But I like to eat and I like to cook and I like to share my yummy stuff with others!!

Reaction score
My family is known for our Christmas cookies, especially the version of Speculoos we make. Everyone always asks "What were the little brown cookies?"

Okay...so I'm asking also. What are those little brown cookies. I've never heard of them! Care to share your recipe?

Reaction score
Everyone loves my pavlova or my brownies. My oldest is a huge brownie fan, it took me a while to get it just right for him (we're SO picky when it comes to treats) and suddenly, I'm famous for my brownies. They're just brownies; I don't know why lol. I always make my treats unique to me, so they're all guarded recipes now, but these two are usually faves. Oh and my cakes are usually raved about too, but I don't like cake, so I couldn't tell you if they're just being nice or not :p

Reaction score
I am known for my homemade bread, and broccoli slaw. I have to bring them to every holiday or family get-together. I seriously think that if I didn't bring my "specialties", they would probably make me leave!! Just kidding!

Reaction score
I am known for my macaroni and cheese. Apparently, it was so good at one point that it made my cousin cry.

Reaction score
I bake a lot, but I am really good at making banana bread. It was the first thing I learned to bake, and I have improved my recipe. Everyone compliments my banana bread.

Reaction score
My cookies, absolutely. They're so easy to make, and deliciously portable. I've gotten awesome reviews on my homemade oreos, and I have people begging me to make them my cheesecake-stuffed red velvet cookies

Reaction score
I made some lemon bars for a get together with some people in my community about four years ago and I am still asked to bring them to anything that we have had since. I had never made them before and my sister sent me the recipe. It was a very scary experience being brand new to a town and having to take lemon bars that I had never even tasted before. I have people still coming up to me asking for the recipe.

Reaction score
I'm know for Mars Bar Slice. Quick and easy but oh so delicious. It lasts about an hour in our house we all just love it. And friends and family always ask me to make it for them.

Reaction score
I'm known as the Fudge Fairy in my family and in my circle of friends. People really enjoy my fudge. I've got a great recipe which I've been using for years. My fudge never lasts long. It disappears quickly because people like it so much. I get a kick out of being known as the Fudge Fairy. She gets really busy during the holiday season!

Reaction score
Depends on the person really.

My significant other's father said he wanted to adopt me because he just loves a cherry cheesecake that make. When I bring one to his house he says that it accounts for his breakfast, lunch and dinner. He's convinced himself there is no calories in it. I wish! ;)

My mom likes these cheese biscuits that I make. My father, it's a guava cheesecake.

I tweak almost every recipe to make it more, sweet, savoury, whatever it is the particular person likes. I usually get asked why theirs never tastes as good and I just smile.

Ask a Question