What are your cookie recipe secrets?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself by asking everyone what their cookie secrets are? Maybe you add a pinch of cinnamon to the mix? An extra handful of chocolate chips? Lets hear em!

Reaction score
Most of the time I completely follow the recipe, but every now in then I stumble upon a trick that makes the cookies even tastier. Cinnamon seems to add great flavor to just about any cookie recipe, even chocolate. So I put a little bit in almost all my cookie recipes. I've also discovered that if you put the chocolate chips on the cookies after the batter has backed, they will be much more melted and not dried up. Anyway, that's my two cents!

Reaction score
Adding insatant pudding mix to your cookie batter gives your flavor an extra punch of flavor and it helps keeps your cookies extra soft and moist. I also like to use a verity of chocolate chips and don't forget the extra pinch of salt.

Reaction score
I too prefer following the recipe exactly as given because I am afraid of experimenting. Mostly it turns out to be a disaster. However, adding extra chocolate chip won't be harmful as such and instead improve the appearance and taste of the cookies extensively. Will try it next time and share with you guys.

Reaction score
I'm a convert to the wonders of real vanilla. It really does make your cookies taste better. Heck, I use more than the recipe calls for and have literally made people drool.

Also, always use fresh spices. If it's been hanging around in your spice rack for years collecting dust, it's probably no good anymore.

Reaction score
I agree with Soliloquy a 100%-- real vanilla extract is the bomb. If you're lucky enough have vanilla pods on hand, then that's even better. Scrape out the seeds for that special recipe then store the pods in sugar- instant vanilla sugar!

Reaction score
I always add a little extra salt, some cornstarch and I often use 1/2 bread flour for an extra hearty, chewy cookie.
Also, I always chill the dough (for 3 hours minimum) and I swear by my convection oven.

Ask a Question