What are your favorite deserts on the Holidays?

Reaction score
We love the sugar cookies, brownies and let's not forget the Fudge and Divinity! Just to name a few. I love holidays because everyone makes their favorite dishes and there is so much too choose from.. Lets not forget about the homemade apple pies and upside down pineapple cake....:)

What is your favorites on the holidays?

Reaction score
Definitely the Christmas cookies! We make several different kinds as gifts, and each year try new recipes as well. We also typically bake bread around that time of year.

Reaction score
Definitely pumpkin roll. The recipe my grandma uses tastes PERFECT. So good. The cream cheese filling complements the pumpkin so well. It has a cool taste that's amazing. I could probably eat a whole roll myself. It's way too addicting. Wish we didn't just make it around Thanksgiving and Christmas time!

Reaction score
We love the sugar cookies, brownies and let's not forget the Fudge and Divinity! Just to name a few. I love holidays because everyone makes their favorite dishes and there is so much too choose from.. Lets not forget about the homemade apple pies and upside down pineapple cake....:)

What is your favorites on the holidays?

I love pecan Divinity, and white chocolate peppermint bark. I also like pumpkin pie. I can't make Divinity because it takes a strong mixer with a good motor, but I wait all year long for stores like Walmart to sell it in the bakery.

Reaction score
I love pecan Divinity, and white chocolate peppermint bark. I also like pumpkin pie. I can't make Divinity because it takes a strong mixer with a good motor, but I wait all year long for stores like Walmart to sell it in the bakery.

Me too that is the first thing I go and buy every time the holiday season comes along. I love the it , I make sure I have enough to last the whole holiday!!

Reaction score
I love pumpkin pie and I eagerly wait for thanksgiving to try out everyone's pumpkin pie. I also love the gingerbread cookies but I am very particular about my cookies. The gingerbread cookies that I make are crispy and have extra spice in them.

Reaction score
I love gingerbread men. Especially around holiday time, it just gets you in the spirit of Christmas. It just makes me feel all happy and joyful inside and it just brings up my spirits. I love Christmas time. One of my favorite ones are also gingerbread houses because they look so good and delicious and just tastes like heaven with all the candy and royal icing, and just uhhh it's sooooo good. These are my favorite holiday deserts.

Reaction score
My favorite desert during the holidays is my father in law's famous peanut butter pie. It is just so good! I could probably eat it all in one sitting if I didn't always eat a huge plate of Thanksgiving or Christmas food beforehand. I'm usually not even a big fan of pies, but this one is to die for. It's so simple to make and he always makes one for each of us to take home with us, and a few for us to feast on there since the family is so big. It is sooo good!

Reaction score
I love cherry pie and sweet potato pie! Thanksgiving is the only time I normally get to have some. I might buy a cherry pie every now and then. I think I'll try to make one next time because they seem so simple to make. However, sweet potato pie has to be homemade for me. I've never bought one that tasted good, that's if you can find them. You can easily find pumpkin pie, but not sweet potato.

Reaction score
My mum always makes a huge spread of desserts at Christmas - over the years we've had various cheesecakes, chocolate mousse, key lime pie, pavlova, and of course, the Christmas cake. Pavolva is the firm favourite though - while it's not my favourite personally, my 8-year-old brother loves it and likes to help my mum in the kitchen. Personally, I think you can't be a good sticky toffee pudding, piping hot and with vanilla ice cream!

We also do all the smaller bakes, like gingerbread men and cupcakes. I think I might attempt a winter berry pie this year, now that I know how easy it is to make short crust pastry. :D

Reaction score
Anything gingerbread! Last year I made my first ginger bread house. It took hours but was so much fun! I kept expecting it to fall apart but it turned out really well. I was able to fit a wrapped present inside as well which just made my day :) i also love ginger kisses; they are so delicious and fun to make.

Reaction score
Lets see, for Thanksgiving it would have to be the pumpkin and sweet potato pies. For Christmas it would have to be the cookies..... mass amounts of different kinds of cookies are wonderful. :D

Ask a Question