What are your favorite nuts to add to baked goods?

Reaction score
Nuts are delicious.

They change the texture and flavor to so many foods, especially baked goods.

My favorite nuts to add to baked goods are almonds, pecans and macadamias.

All of these nuts give the crunch missing in doughy products.

almond%25252C%252520creamy%25252C%252520cashew%25252C%252520pistachios%25252C%252520pecans%25252C%252520walnuts%25252C%252520peanuts%25252C%252520macadamia_thumb%25255B4%25255D.jpg

Reaction score
My favorite nuts to bake with are pecans. I love the taste and I have a lovely pecan tree in my yard. I have not baked with pistachios before, but I adore them. I could eat them all day! Does anyone have any experience with what to put pistachios in?

Reaction score
I am a fan of Walnuts, specially, when baked, they have great flavor, are crunchy, and are healthier than others.

For cookies, I love macadamia nuts, they are a preferred nut.

Reaction score
I prefer pecans. We have about 3 producing pecan trees so I always have fresh ones on hand. They are delicious and very inexpensive since I have a supply of them at the ready.

Reaction score
I love Walnuts the best. There were black Walnut trees in the Midwest that had an incredible flavor, but I haven't found them in stores. Would love to find them again. Half the fun those was picking and collecting them up.

Reaction score
I usually bake with pecans and almonds. My husband loves walnuts, so I use those for him, but I can't eat them. They do something funny to my mouth and it feels like it's burning! I love almonds, though, and can eat them by the handful

BTW- some good information for us women- five almonds a day will give you your needed calcium requirement! YUM.

Reaction score
I'm a huge hazelnut fan, so I like to use them, especially when combined with chocolate - gives my baking a real Nutella taste! I also like to use walnuts in things like muffins and blondies, and I often use peanut butter as well (but rarely whole peanuts). I really like the texture that peanut butter gives cookies, in particular.

Reaction score
I've actually never been a fan of nuts. You'd have to grind them down to a flour for me to like them.. for some reason, the texture of them ruins everything for me. I do have to get used to them though, as I really wish I did like them. I'll be finding new ways to incorporate them into my baking and in some of the things I'll be trying, they're a main ingredient!

Reaction score
I agree with everyone who said pecans. Pecans are so delicious that you can even make a pie out of them. Brazil nuts don't have their own pie. :pThere's something about the flavor of pecans that really complements flavors like maple and butterscotch.

Reaction score
Walnuts definitely, I love them in carrot cake, zucchini bread, on chocolate cakes and brownies - you name it. Plus walnuts have a chemical in them similar to MSG which gives food an "umami" taste to it. I'm not sure if other nuts have that. Next in line would probably be almonds, since I love the aroma of them and they kind of remind me of liquer.

Reaction score
My favorite nut to add to baked goods are walnuts. I sprinkle walnuts on my brownies and cookies. Walnuts add texture and crunchiness to desserts. I eat walnuts in my ice cream too.

Ask a Question