What are your favorite things to do with your family?

Reaction score
My favorite things to do with my family are camping, fishing, hiking, cookouts, and family movie night. We have so much fun, especially in the summer. My son is about to be 1 year old in June. We are planning a big family cookout to celebrate and of course see our family! What do you enjoy doing most with your families?

Reaction score
Well, we don't get together as often as we should these days. So, just simply getting together for whatever reason has become a "favorite" thing. Every year we seem to do less together.

I think I will have to step up and lead on the issue of family events. We haven't had a cookout for the 4th of July since I was a child. I think I will just get some food together, go by my Mom's (invite the rest over) and start cooking in the backyard. If no one shows up, hey, more for me! :) :p

Reaction score
Family cookouts were always my favorite and I hope they will be for my children too. When our extended family joined in on the cookouts, they would all bring their own dish. It was quite fun because everyone was known for a specific dish and it was always so exciting to see them bring it even though we had it several times before. For the past few years, I've been known to bring home-made bread rolls from scratch. Honey yeast rolls to be exact. :p

Reaction score
My daughter and I like to play video games and go for walks by the creek to see the iguanas, ibises, manatees, fish, turtles, baby ducks ,egrets and baby frogs. We also like to have picnics by the creek, in fact we had a "romantic" mother-daughter picnic on Valentine's Day and we're making that a tradition from now on.

Reaction score
i love spending time with my family no matter what we are doing! Sometimes we just get together for a movie night which is so much fun we all really enjoy this, or having a cook out maybe or just spending time at the park, which ever it is , we always enjoy ourselves just because we are all together. Love family time!!

Reaction score
I love going to the movies with my family, bowling, trying out new restaurants, going to the beach/park. Family time is the best. I really do cherish the moments I share with them as my parents are getting older.

Reaction score
I don't really do much with my family unfortunately. My parents are not really active anymore and they rarely go anywhere. My 3 siblings all moved away from the area I live and so I don't see them all that often. I'm kind of on my own when it comes to family, it can be quite lonely for me but I suppose I became somewhat used to it.

Reaction score
One of my favourite things is surfing weekends. Sounds so great, I actually don't surf myself as we have the cold Atlantic on the west coast and I can't abide cold water. What is so special about those weekends is the time that we get to spend together as a family. We eat out which don't often do at home. After my husband has finished surfing all the rest of the time is spent with us as a family, walking on the beach, setting up camp, always looking for old monuments and exploring the country side. I just love it because my husband is always so busy doing all his other sports and work that there is no quality family time compared with the surfing weekends.

Reaction score
I don't really do much with my family unfortunately. My parents are not really active anymore and they rarely go anywhere. My 3 siblings all moved away from the area I live and so I don't see them all that often. I'm kind of on my own when it comes to family, it can be quite lonely for me but I suppose I became somewhat used to it.

That is so sad, do your siblings live very far away, maybe you could go visit for a weekend or something, I have some family members that live out of state and I miss them so much, and it is hard to just get up and go where they are sometimes,especially the way gas prices are now, but i would be nice to go visit for a weekend or something. As for your parents, maybe you could just spend some time with them watching movies or something at least so that you don't feel so alone.

Reaction score
My family and I love to travel. So when we have long holidays, we usually travel. This really helps us bond since we don't use gadgets or the internet when travelling abroad. Instead, we just enjoy each other's company. We tell stories of how life has been so far. We eat at different restaurants. When we're not travelling, we usually go out to see a movie.

Reaction score
I love sitting down with the family and playing board or card games. It's a nice way for everyone to come together, and it usually adds a little bit of a competitive edge which is always fun. We've spent hours upon hours playing Settlers of Catan.

Reaction score
I just love family time!! In winter time we usualy just watch some movies because its to cold to go anywhere with the kiddies, but in summer time we love to go fishing,camping or just take the kids for swimming and playing in the park!

Reaction score
Aah shame man this is so sad!!! :)

Reaction score
My favorite things to do with my family are fishing, boating, camping, hiking, scuba diving, snorkeling, jet skiing, family cookouts, picnics, playing board games, bike riding, bowling, family get togethers, etc. We're having a big family reunion this July. I can't wait! :D

Reaction score
My favorite things to do with my family are fishing, boating, camping, hiking, scuba diving, snorkeling, jet skiing, family cookouts, picnics, playing board games, bike riding, bowling, family get togethers, etc. We're having a big family reunion this July. I can't wait! :D

Wow, your family is really active and adventurous. I don't think my family has done half of those things. It sounds like you guys really live life to the fullest.

Reaction score
Wow, your family is really active and adventurous. I don't think my family has done half of those things. It sounds like you guys really live life to the fullest.
Yes, my family is really active and adventurous. We spend a lot of time together doing lots of fun activities, especially on the weekends. I live in the Caribbean and Live near the beach. I love my island life! :D

Reaction score
We like to play video games, watch movies, listen to music, read books, etc. I'm hoping we can actually get out more this summer and have road trips or do some stuff away from home now that our youngest is a little older.

Reaction score
My family and I are so scattered, we have too many things to do nowadays so we hardly have time for each other. Though, we try to do a couple things as a family, like eat dinner and watch TV. It may not seem like much, but to me it's a great feeling because we're always busy. :(

Reaction score
We really enjoy going out hiking or exploring the wilderness. We also love to spend a lot of time at the pool during the summer.

Even the simple things like playing games on the computer together or cooking together are things that we enjoy doing as a family.

Reaction score
We don't do too many things together. Though I do enjoy fishing with someone. It's so relaxing and nice. It also doesn't require alot of talking and such. So there's no need for mindless, pointless small talk if you have nothing you want to discuss. As a bonus, if you catch something you have fresh food to eat. You just feel different about your food if you spend all that time trying to catch it.

Ask a Question