What are your idea of French pastry

Reaction score
Hello!
When I look at the recipes described in this website, I see a lot of French Recipe.
But for me (I'm french), it's hard to know what kind of dessert you consider as emblematic of french pastry.

So, what kind of recipes is considerated by british people like french pastry?
What ingredients are "frenchies" according to you? (rapsberry? caramel? meringue?)

Merci beaucoup !

Reaction score
Hi there! To be quite frank with you... when I think of french pastries all I can think of is croissants, hehehe. I don't consume french pastries often (we don't have a wide selection of that where I live). I'd like to learn more about french pastry tho :)

Reaction score
I think of croissants too and lots of custards. I am not even sure if custard is really french, but it seems to me that it is. French cuisine is not as familiar to me as foods from Asia and India.

Reaction score
Same here, Tina! I'm not familiar with french cuisine and pastry, all I can think of when I think of french cuisine is ''escargot'', hehehe! But I have heard some really good things about it, a friend of mine was there recently and said he really liked the food there.

Reaction score
I think they are known for very rich food too that has complex flavors. It is one style of cuisine that I would like to get to know better at some point.

Ask a Question