What dessert should I serve?

Reaction score
I am hosting a dinner party a Saturday night and dh says I should just make Asian sweet rice for dessert because the older aunts and uncles won't appreciate cakes and may want traditional food only. I disagree so we will have both just in case!

What dessert should I make? I am thinking of making a lime pie as last time I had guests it was a super hut but any other suggestions so I can have a think? Nothing to faffy though I have the main meal to cook as well.

Reaction score
Ah yes I should have mentioned.

Starters:
3 bean salad
Fresh garden salad
Lamb neck roast

Main:

Lamb pulao rice
Chickpea curry
Koftas (meatball curry)
Raita (yoghurt dip)
Chapattis

1 dessert planned already:

Sweet rice

Reaction score
I think a citrus dessert sounds perfect for the meal.
What sort of lime pie do you make? Like a Key Lime Pie?
Key-Lime-Pie-main-pic2-130x130.jpg

What about a Coconut Lime Pie?
http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2013/05/coconut-key-lime-pie-with-toasted.html

Reaction score
How about a Lime Meringue Pie? If it works with lemon, maybe it would work for lime too. Just wanted to say something different since Key Lime Pie is actually the first thing I thought of as well. Think about the flavors that go well with lime and see what you can add.

Reaction score
Yes I meant key lime pie but not key limes just regular ones we don't have key limes in the uk

Reaction score
My go-to dessert for company is cheesecake, peanut butter pie (usually at Christmas), or cookie cake. I will take any excuse I can get to bust out my trusty mixer! It whips up anything in no time at all.

Ask a Question