What Did You Do For Donut Day?

Reaction score
So. this past Friday was free donut day!

National Doughnut Day is on the first Friday of June each year, succeeding the Doughnut Day event created by The Salvation Army in 1938 to honor the men and women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I.[1] The holiday celebrates the doughnut (a.k.a. "donut") – an edible, torus-shaped piece of dough which is deep-fried and sweetened. Many American doughnut stores offer free doughnuts on National Doughnut Day. In 2009, both independent doughnut shops[2] and large national franchises offered free doughnuts in the United States.

Here's the full Wiki page

I got a free donut from Dunkin' Donut's that day, along with a bunch of my friends.

I do know some people where angry, because Donut Day was also on the same day as "D-Day". I found myself explaining the significance of donut day to several different people that day. :rolleyes:

So what did YOU do for donut day? Did you get a free donut from somewhere? Did you make donuts? :)

Reaction score
I didn't know that there was such thing as Doughnut Day. Now that I think of it though, I remember the store I went to on Friday, Martin's Supermarket, had a "for every doughnut" (79 cents) and a portion (25 cents) will be donated to a fund. I'm not sure what it was but given the significance of the day I'm sure it had something to do with veterans.

Reaction score
I went to Dunkin' for a free donut too! I had only heard of Donut Day for the first time that day, but I enjoyed it!

Reaction score
Donut day , free donut ???? Why din't anyone tell me, This is the first time Ihave ever heard of this. This would have bee the perfect excuse to bring in donut for the class.

Reaction score
I heard about Donut Day from Facebook. I didn't do anything special. Even though I love donuts, I have given them up years ago.

Reaction score
My local Walmart participated in Donut Day, but we already had a pie that I baked in the house, so we stayed home and ate pie.

Ask a Question