What do you plan to bake this week?

Reaction score
I have (as usual) a couple of bananas that are past their prime. I'm planning to bake some sort of banana bread this week to use them up. I'll probably end up baking it today. Right now I'm thinking I will add cranberries, since that's what I have here. I also have a box of mincemeat, though, so I am considering adding that.

Later in the week, after I go to the grocery store and pick up a few ingredients, I am planning to bake a nice quiche. I have very limited food in the house right now, so I've got sort of a blank canvas as far as what I want to put in the quiche, but I'm thinking (obviously eggs) spinach, cheese, of course, and tomato. I might pick up some bacon, also, and add that. I like to include a little meat, but not an overwhelming amount of meat, since I try to include a lot of vegetables.

How about you? What's on your baking agenda this week?

Reaction score
Last week I baked a nice cheese pie, so this week I don't plan to bake anything. But I guess the very next time I week I will bake a small coffee cake, I promised that to my husband :)

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies! Requested by the kids!! LOL! They are my favorite to make because everyone loves them and they get eaten up right away! I also have some to put in the freezer - nothing better than a frozen chocolate chip cookie to munch on!

Reaction score
I have (as usual) a couple of bananas that are past their prime. I'm planning to bake some sort of banana bread this week to use them up. I'll probably end up baking it today. Right now I'm thinking I will add cranberries, since that's what I have here. I also have a box of mincemeat, though, so I am considering adding that.

Later in the week, after I go to the grocery store and pick up a few ingredients, I am planning to bake a nice quiche. I have very limited food in the house right now, so I've got sort of a blank canvas as far as what I want to put in the quiche, but I'm thinking (obviously eggs) spinach, cheese, of course, and tomato. I might pick up some bacon, also, and add that. I like to include a little meat, but not an overwhelming amount of meat, since I try to include a lot of vegetables.

How about you? What's on your baking agenda this week?
That sounds delicious. Bananas freezer very well. My grocery store puts them on sale when they start to brown and I buy them and freeze them until I'm ready to use them.

Reaction score
I bake every weekend and film it for my Youtube channel. This past weekend I baked Elephant Ears (Palmiers) and this weekend I'll be making clam shell meringue cookies. I might also bake some chocolate protein brownies.

Reaction score
I have never frozen a banana, do you freeze them sealed in their peels @writersblock15? I hope you post pictures of the clam shell meringue cookies. I've made meringues from various recipes, but have never heard of those. Do you have a pan of clam shell depressions you fill with meringue? I want to know more!!! Chocolate protein brownies?? How does that work? Do you add some sort of chocolate protein powder to them? I'd love to see your recipes/pics of the finished products. I wish I'd taken a picture of my bread, but I've posted pics of it before, and they pretty much all look the same, although I did slice up the craisins this time, which killed my hands. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to hire someone to chop craisins for me. Ah, O.k., well feel free to share the link, so I can go watch the one about the clam shell meringue cookies, at least. Also, if you ever make cannolis, feel free to share that link w/me, I have been wanting to try them.

@Myrtle I am very fond of tres leches cake, but have never made one. I'm not familiar with cloverleaf dinner rolls, although I haven't made rolls very often, other than drop biscuits, which I absolutely love.

@mommy42 I've never eaten a frozen chocolate chip cookie. Do y'all really eat them frozen, or after they've thawed a bit? I wouldn't want to chip a tooth :eek:.

@Trellum Coffee cake sounds nice, I'm sure he will enjoy that!!

I ended up making a cranberry coconut banana bread. I tossed in a couple of handfuls of shredded coconut. After it was in the pan, I lightly dusted the top with cocoa powder. The loaf came out absolutely delicious. I bought more bananas yesterday, and plan to make another and freeze it. Cherries are available, but the price is too high, or I'd make a cherry banana bread, which sounds really delicious, as well.

Reaction score
I have never frozen a banana, do you freeze them sealed in their peels @writersblock15? I hope you post pictures of the clam shell meringue cookies. I've made meringues from various recipes, but have never heard of those. Do you have a pan of clam shell depressions you fill with meringue? I want to know more!!! Chocolate protein brownies?? How does that work? Do you add some sort of chocolate protein powder to them? I'd love to see your recipes/pics of the finished products. I wish I'd taken a picture of my bread, but I've posted pics of it before, and they pretty much all look the same, although I did slice up the craisins this time, which killed my hands. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to hire someone to chop craisins for me. Ah, O.k., well feel free to share the link, so I can go watch the one about the clam shell meringue cookies, at least. Also, if you ever make cannolis, feel free to share that link w/me, I have been wanting to try them.

You can freeze them in the peel or cut them up and place them in a freezer bag. If you are going to make something where the bananas need to be at room temperature, you can keep them in the peel and let them defrost then un-peel them. However, if you want to use the bananas frozen, such as in smoothies, un-peel them at place in a freezer bag because they are very hard to peel when frozen. Also, the peels will turn brown when frozen but the banana is still good.

For the clam shells, I'm using a template. Protein brownies do have chocolate protein powder in them and they are clean eating as well. I will post links to my videos on this forum after they are uploaded. Right now, I'm about 3 weeks ahead of filming schedule so most of what I'm making this weekend won't be uploaded until mid- to end of June. Subscribe to my channel at www.youtube.com/cinnamonsweetshoppe and you'll be notified.

Reaction score
A friend of mine has her daughters birthday party this weekend and I'm making some princess themed cupcakes on Saturday for that. Hoping they turn out like the picture I have in my head!

Other than that I might make some savory muffins too if time permits!

Reaction score
I've never heard of the chocolate protein powder. I'll have to investigate that. I don't always have meat in the house, and that might be a way to punch up the protein quotient when I bake for a friend who could use a health boost.

Reaction score
Look in any of my freezers and you will find a few bananas hanging around as I always seem to buy more than we eat lol.
So much easier to use that way as the liquid and flesh separate... making them easier to smash as well as concentrating the flavor.
Speaking of flavor ... peek in at LorAnn.com sometime and give the site a lookie loo.
Full of uber concentrated flavorings (and emulsions).
You measure them by drops and they last forever making the food cost very attractive.
Try the banana crème oil in your next banana bread (or cake)....like I said just 2-3 drops for a one loaf recipe.

Reaction score
I've never heard of the chocolate protein powder. I'll have to investigate that. I don't always have meat in the house, and that might be a way to punch up the protein quotient when I bake for a friend who could use a health boost.
Protein powder is widely available at health food stores and in the vitamin section of most stores. I buy mine at Costco.

Reaction score
I've been aware of protein powder for years @writersblock15, I've just never heard of chocolate protein powder.

I baked a quiche the other day, using separate recipes for the crust (a cheese crust) and filling. I added spinach, cheddar cheese, red bell peppers, sausage and tomatoes in the egg filling, and topped it off with more cheese. Although it came out tasty, the recipes both called for the oven temperature to be 375 degrees, and the crust and top both got slightly scorched. Next time, I'll lower the temperature to 350 after I pre-bake the crust at 375 and fill it. I think that should rectify the issue.

Reaction score
Wow, those definitely look wholesome @cupcakechef. I have some cans of sweet potatoes and pumpkin that I need to use up, I'll have to look around for some recipes I want to try.

I made the banana bread yesterday. I was trying to distract myself because a loved one was undergoing surgery, but I wasn't able to concentrate enough to remember to put the coconut in the mix! I did add some fresh blackberries, though, so it ended up being cranberry blackberry banana bread. I haven't tasted the finished product yet, but the mix sure tasted good.

I'm going to give that away, so I'll be baking something up for me today or over the weekend. I stumbled upon a recipe for Coconut Bars while looking through my recipes for the cranberry banana bread recipe, so I'm going to make those. They call for nuts, which I don't have, so I might have to substitute chocolate...poor me ;).

Reaction score
I might try a Vanilla Dream Cake again and see if I get it right this time around. Whenever I try some something one of two things happen. I try it again shortly after or I stay away for a very long time. It's mostly the latter.

Reaction score
I'm going to give that away, so I'll be baking something up for me today or over the weekend. I stumbled upon a recipe for Coconut Bars while looking through my recipes for the cranberry banana bread recipe, so I'm going to make those. They call for nuts, which I don't have, so I might have to substitute chocolate...poor me ;).

I think substituting chocolate for anything I don't have on hand sounds like an excellent idea ;) for instance... I could make a salad but I don't have lettuce right now - so I might substitute that with chocolate!

Nice to dream, right?!

Coconut bars sound fab - care to share the recipe?

Reaction score
I've never made any quiche,I'm working on Chester's
Banana Split Icebox Cake recipe right now

and how long do Bananas keep in the freezer ?

I do need to bake Bellas Banana Bread recipe,since i've been saying I would for a long time now :)

Reaction score
This week is coming to an end so I will maybe bake a wonderful Serbian style pie. It is an addictive thing really and I just cannot resist making it from time to time although it comes heavy to my stomach. There are few ways to make this pie and variations are many but they usually have the same ingredients. Either cheese and eggs or spinach, cheese and eggs. It should be eaten hot or warm with a glass of yoghurt.
http://tortekolaci.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pita-savijaca-gibanica3.jpg

Ask a Question