What do you think about deep fried foods?

Reaction score
I like fries, I do, but I don't eat them often because of the frying. They are a fine food tho, but there are things that shouldn't be deep fried! At least in my opinion. Most due health reasons, because come on... things like deep fried oreos won't have a great effect in your body if you have them often.

I honesrtly find most deep fried stuff sold in fairs disgusting, I have never even dared to eat things like deep fried oreos:

Homemade-Deep-Fried-Oreo-560x402.jpg

Deep fried butter:

State%2BFair%2B2011%2B020.jpg

Deep fried twinkies:

photo8.jpg

Deep fried mars bars (thanks for making me aware of the existence of those @connie!):

BTJT70-1680x1050.jpg

Reaction score
I suffer from terrible heartburn so i try to stay away from all greasy foods; these stuff just can't be healthy at all.It's sad to say but these are the foods that most children crave and these are what most of them take to school daily in the their lunch bags.

Reaction score
Deep fried butter?!? Is that truly a thing? I'm blown away. I kind of get the other things as a crazy decadent dessert, but butter? Insane!

I don't mind normal things fried, like french fries or onion rings occasionally...but I don't really like frying stuff in my house. I find that greasy oily feeling lingers and the smell just bothers me! So I'll order those things sometimes if I'm at a restaurant because I don't eat them at home.

Reaction score
I think too much of anything isn't really healthy. Around here deep fried foods are a staple and traditional. Even though, I don't like to eat them often because of the frying. We haven't fried in this house for years. BUT, we do have our guilty fried pleasures once in a while (or when we're caught outside the home without lunch). I don't eat sweets but if I am going to a fair and am going to eat something fried I'd probably try the butter. Just out of curiosity. Of course, depending on its size I'd probably share. About ten years ago I made the deep fried Twinkie ( I drizzled melted chocolate over it) for a sibling and his girlfriend. They were very hesitant about it because I didn't tell them what it was other than it was a fried dessert. They loved it and asked for more. I told them once was enough that I would make another one the next time they visited. The way I see it, if you already eat Twinkies (or whatever), one should be adventurous and try another take on them (which is why of these I'd only try the butter - I've licked a spoon with leftover butter once or twice;):p).

Reaction score
They said that it is bad if you are always eating deep fried foods. As far as I am concerned I am not a fan of this kind of foods because I try to avoid eating oily foods for health reasons.

Reaction score
They said that it is bad if you are always eating deep fried foods. As far as I am concerned I am not a fan of this kind of foods because I try to avoid eating oily foods for health reasons.

Yeah, Iv honestly think those foods listed are so damn gross! Since I was little I noticed I couldn't handle oil well, I felt so sick after eating some chips from a bag, they were a little too fatty. I felt terrible! I got belly ache and felt like throwing up and actually did... felt much better.

I suffer from terrible heartburn so i try to stay away from all greasy foods; these stuff just can't be healthy at all.It's sad to say but these are the foods that most children crave and these are what most of them take to school daily in the their lunch bags.

I was talking about the foods shown in the thread :p Fair food mostly, did you read the thread or just the title? :p But yeah, I also try to stay away from very oily foods, they irritate my GI tract.

Reaction score
Deep fried butter?!? Is that truly a thing? I'm blown away. I kind of get the other things as a crazy decadent dessert, but butter? Insane!

I don't mind normal things fried, like french fries or onion rings occasionally...but I don't really like frying stuff in my house. I find that greasy oily feeling lingers and the smell just bothers me! So I'll order those things sometimes if I'm at a restaurant because I don't eat them at home.

I know, right? I couldn't believe it myself, like who would eat a whole butter bar of deep fried butter? Ugh... they serve it in places like these:

deepfriedbutter.jpg

Same here, I love haivng onion rings and fries, but I don't eat that often (trying to watch what I eat). I just dislike fair foods... ugh!

Reaction score
I think too much of anything isn't really healthy. Around here deep fried foods are a staple and traditional. Even though, I don't like to eat them often because of the frying. We haven't fried in this house for years. BUT, we do have our guilty fried pleasures once in a while (or when we're caught outside the home without lunch). I don't eat sweets but if I am going to a fair and am going to eat something fried I'd probably try the butter. Just out of curiosity. Of course, depending on its size I'd probably share. About ten years ago I made the deep fried Twinkie ( I drizzled melted chocolate over it) for a sibling and his girlfriend. They were very hesitant about it because I didn't tell them what it was other than it was a fried dessert. They loved it and asked for more. I told them once was enough that I would make another one the next time they visited. The way I see it, if you already eat Twinkies (or whatever), one should be adventurous and try another take on them (which is why of these I'd only try the butter - I've licked a spoon with leftover butter once or twice;):p).

Wow you got ot be braver than me!!!! Eat a butter stick deep fried... if i ate that I'd surely get very nauseous later (I suffer from IBS and colitis), my sotmach is quite sensitive as well. When I was little I ate a bag of chips, they were oily... more oily than the average chips. Man,did I feel sick!!! I had to throw up in order to feel better. Ever since I knew I couldn't have super oily treats.

Best of luck with that, hehehe! Let me know if you try it :) I'd like to know if that deep fried butter is any good!

Reaction score
Yeah, Iv honestly think those foods listed are so damn gross! Since I was little I noticed I couldn't handle oil well, I felt so sick after eating some chips from a bag, they were a little too fatty. I felt terrible! I got belly ache and felt like throwing up and actually did... felt much better.

I was talking about the foods shown in the thread :p Fair food mostly, did you read the thread or just the title? :p But yeah, I also try to stay away from very oily foods, they irritate my GI tract.

Yes Trellum I did read the thread; I actually refrain from having these food as they adds to me having a heartburn!

Reaction score
Yes Trellum I did read the thread; I actually refrain from having these food as they adds to me having a heartburn!

I see, then I must have gotten it all wrong, because I have nothing against the other frieds foods, it's just fair foods that I find gross.

Reaction score
I see, then I must have gotten it all wrong, because I have nothing against the other frieds foods, it's just fair foods that I find gross.

I do understand what you're saying however I have been suffering from heartburn from the longest of times so I have to watch every bite that I take otherwise I will be up all night suffering the consequences.

Reaction score
@Trellum Me too whenever I am eating deep fried foods before I always had stomach ache. Maybe because the combination of oils and fats in this kind of foods my stomach had a different reaction when it comes to absorbing fatty foods. That is why deep fried foods is a big NO for me now.

Reaction score
@Trellum Me too whenever I am eating deep fried foods before I always had stomach ache. Maybe because the combination of oils and fats in this kind of foods my stomach had a different reaction when it comes to absorbing fatty foods. That is why deep fried foods is a big NO for me now.

I found out I couldn't really handle oil when i was 6 :O So I understand you feeling! Even things like overly oily chips make me feel so nauseous or sick! I can imagine the effect eating one of those deep fried butter sticks... gosh, I am sure I'd be sick the whole night. I am ok with fries and onion rings, but just if I eat a bit of those. Are you sure you don't suffer from IBS?

Reaction score
I do understand what you're saying however I have been suffering from heartburn from the longest of times so I have to watch every bite that I take otherwise I will be up all night suffering the consequences.

I was talking about the thread ;) I am not trying to demonize fried foods in general, just deep fried fair foods because in my opinion they offer a quick road to hospital, lol. But the other fried foods we are all used to are bad, I know, that is why I never eat them, I learnt the harde way my sotmach doesn't tolerate fat well when I was 6 :( It's good you know what triggers your heartb burn.

Reaction score
I am in love with almost all foods that are deep fried, I just know not to touch them very often. Deep fried anything is a once in a blue moon treat for us. My stomach can't handle all of the grease either. I do not understand how anyone could have deep fried butter, that is just gross! I would like to try a deep fried candy bar at some point, but I will make sure it is one of the fun size versions.

Reaction score
I might as well try a fun size version as well ;) Not sure I could eat a whole mars bar that has been deep fried :O But I love the average fried stuff, like fries!!! I was actually reading yesterday why fries are so addictive and can't just eat one! Apparently there is a reason why we just want more and more: http://www.eatthis.com/most-addictive-foods-in-the-world

Reaction score
@Trellum I am just okay and I don't suffer from IBS...It is just that I don't like deep fried foods already not unlike when I was still younger I do eat this kind of food but not now anymore.

Reaction score
@ReadmeByAmy Ah ok, I hope you didn't mind that, because there is nothing wrong with suffering from IBS. But it's great you don't :) I thought fried foods did actually make you feel physically sick, just lkike they do with me. It's great you decided to quit eating those on your own, just because you caqre about your heart :)

Reaction score
@Trellum Yes it is true I decided to quit this kind of foods on my own. I know I am not getting any younger anymore and I am more concerned about my health now. And if ever I am preparing fried foods at home it is for the young members of the family...

Reaction score
@ReadmeByAmy Good choice, I have been trying to avoid the onion r5ings every time we go visit my aunt, but I always have to eat a couple ;) Eating the right things can be so hard! Specially for me, because I am an emotional eater who tends to eat her emotions.... :oops:

Ask a Question